Koodo Community

Community

10GB $60

Userlevel 2
if you (Koodo's management) were smart, you would - A) set this up as an option online/self serve, 😎 called their clients using a bot that says "if you want 10GB for $60 press 1 now", or C) sent a text saying the same thing.

I would love to see how many of your customer service people quit after this experience.

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Adam,

The deal was offered to those creating a new line and porting in with Koodo, which most people do via Kiosk. For others, the deal wasn't meant for them. 
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

The deal was offered to those creating a new line and porting in with Koodo, which most...

Hi Mathieuejwouhqw - I don't know if you work for them or what you are, but you just lost a customer.  KOODOS!
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

The deal was offered to those creating a new line and porting in with Koodo, which most...

I believe Adam's point was that Koodo is going to lose all these customers who will easily switch to another carrier who is offering the promo for both new and existing customers. So Koodo might as well offer it to retain existing customers who will depart en masse
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

I actually got thru quickly today, but she was super rude, and there was no budging on this. I have 2 lines, one pays 120 for this plan they're offer for 60. I just upgraded my phone in October, so paying the tab off after I just paid one off isn't an option, I don't understand how they think this is 1, right 2, going to keep people happy, and 3 keep long time customers.... It's Christmas who has the money to pay off tabs right now? I find it pretty low of them and I want to leave just because they're being nasty. I told her that people have been getting this deal by threatening to leave and all she said was if you leave you still have to pay your tab off... Tell me they really care about keeping customers.. F for customer service Koodo big fat F.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

I wait 100 minutes to get thru and then the guy told me (after 10 minutes of security questions) that this offer is only for new customers so I lost it on him. Then he said we can make an exception and give u the promo if I pay off my tab. I agreed an he transferred me to another department and here we go, they put me on hold again. It's been an hour since the 2nd hold and still waiting. I think they do it on purpose so people will give up and don't get the promo. Shame on you Koodo

Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

That's not right tho so all your loyal customers have to pay more ???? Do you Not see something wrong with that ??
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

I believe other carriers do the same with their existing customers or new customers.. BYOD isn't it ?? not 100% sure but I think I saw BYOD on Fido promo page..
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

So the loyal customers have to pay more and don't get any deal ? Do you Not see anything wrong with this ??
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Adam,

not paying more.. you are paying off what you owe (balance of your phone price). I don't know why carriers made this rule (have to be BYOD). As this deal is so cheaper than usual, they needed to make some money somehow?
To get this deal, you have to have either an unlocked phone to switch carrier , or your phone is paid off with locked carrier. That's the condition it is what it is...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fido is now enabling it to be done online actually.
Userlevel 2
Goran wrote:

is koodo fido?  i don't understand why you're telling me to drop koodo and goto fido?  don't you work for koodo?
Userlevel 2
Goran wrote:

The Koodo reps seem to be telling us to switch providers now... they must be defeated?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

No, the Mobile Masters do not work for Koodo

Goran wrote:

after waiting an hour in line you get to hear that this deal is only for new customers... so after being with koodo for soooooo many years i am getting nothing but a new customer will get the best deal that they have.... how disappointing is that... i have been trying to call the customer service but it just says we are experiencing  high volume calls today please try later and hangs up on you.... koodo congrats for new customers and now loosing all the loyal ones... really disappointed 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

That was displayed in the promo. You can always switch carriers if you want the promo.
Goran wrote:

Shut up Allan.....you're an idiot

Goran wrote:

So Rogers is offering this same plan to ALL customers (I know, because I just upgraded my son's cell phone plan to the 10GB/$60 today) and Koodos is only offering it to NEW customers STILL?  That means they're welcoming new customers while watching loyal customers walk down the mall to Telus, Rogers, etc.?  That's NUTS!  Especially since Telus owns Koodos!  Are they trying to commit business suicide?

Goran wrote:

That happened to me after being with them for 8 years. I literally walked 25 feet across to virgin to sign up. I loved koodo and still have nothing bad to say about them but it's unfortunate they don't want my business anymore.
Goran wrote:

They say the promo is only for new customers, but the CS will transfer calls from existing customers to loyalty/ detentions department. You have to wait long time again but eventually you get the promo plan. I got through it.. experienced multiple disconnections to even get a hold of CS.. but I just didn't give up. As they don't allow us to switch over to promo online, we only have 2 options - keep trying to get a hold of CS, or go to other carriers. I've been with Koodo for years. I was once with Bell and came back to Koodo. So if possible I wanted to avoid changing a carrier again.
For existing customers, you should have your own phone (unlocked if coming from other carrier) and you don't have any tab left with Koodo. That is the condition to get the promo.
Goran wrote:

Tried to talk to rep at Koodo kiosk and he said he can't help. Didn't bother wasting my time trying to call Koodo and putting on hold. Went straight to Virgin Mobile Kiosk and ported my number to Virgin from koodo. No sim card fee,no connection fee , nothing. Koodo would have easily allowed this done at their kiosk. But they didn't bother to they lost lot of existing clients like me. Bye bye Koodo.
The deal was meant to grab more of marketshare from Freedom mobile and put a choke hold on that company.
It was not meant to make existing customers happy, which is why it is a coordinated attack by all big 3.
But since you can simply port out your number form Koodo to any of the other major wireless guys, they have no choice but to offer it to you in order not to loose you, so long that you are willing to go through the pain of being on hold for hours.
In my opinion you are better off spending the $15 on a new SIM card and just port out your number to Bell/Rogers but not Telus, since Koodo is owned by Telus.

I was on hold for over 2 hours and then hung up on...
Totally unacceptable.

Given that it is Freedom that is forcing these guys to offer these deals every now and then, I rather give my money and business to Freedom and help them build their network, good bye Koodo.

TG_GTA wrote:

The deal was meant to grab more of marketshare from Freedom mobile and put a choke hold on that c...

And free sim cards with Virgin.  I switched!

Userlevel 2
Just don’t get why Koodo wouldn’t just alow this promo to all Koodo customers... might as well just keep them with Koodo because we can just go to other carriers for the Same deal why not just hold on to the loyal customers? Basically the way I look at it is Koodo gets 50 new customers then looses 50 customers to other carriers not a way to run a business!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Just don’t get why Koodo wouldn’t just alow this promo to all Koodo customers... might as well ju...

This plan does not allow for device subsidies. If people with a tab balance leave, Koodo wins. BYOD plans raise a carrier's ARPU (average revenue per user).
Userlevel 2
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Just don’t get why Koodo wouldn’t just alow this promo to all Koodo customers... might as well ju...

This has nothing to do who wins or loses it’s about customer service and quality. What about all the new customers who just signed up with Koodo and reads all these negative posts about Koodo ?