Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Z30 feedback on Koodo

Userlevel 1
How does the blackberry Z30 work on Koodo network? I just joined Koodo yesterday. Seems to work fine - sometimes when i'm at work, it picks up LTE and sometimes just H. How about firmware update? Do we get updates from Koodo or rely on BB link?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Works great on Koodo. Using one myself. Koodo will not issues updates as they never carried this phone. To get them, easiest way is to fine an inactive sim from rogers bell or telus. Drop it in and get the update over wifi
Userlevel 7
Does it even need a SIM card from one of those carriers? Couldn't you just use Link or OTA WiFi without a SIM?
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Does it even need a SIM card from one of those carriers? Couldn't you just use Link or OTA WiFi w...

I found link is hit or miss. Ota with wifi and no sim does not work, unfortunately. I even tried this with a z30 direct from BlackBerry out of the box, and it did not update over wifi
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Does it even need a SIM card from one of those carriers? Couldn't you just use Link or OTA WiFi w...

What is your current OS version on Z30?
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote: