Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Z10 battery charger not providing sufficient power

My Z10 charger not charging. I am using the charger that came with the Z10. The error symbol represents that the charger is not providing adequate power. I entered into contract with koodo on May 14 in Winnipeg Canada.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Try using a different battery... You may have to visit a Koodo kiosk to see if they have any in stock. Koodo might be able to send you out a replacement battery. Not sure if they would since this is a discontinued phone... Might need extra info from other posters on here...
Userlevel 4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Try using a different battery... You may have to visit a Koodo kiosk to see if they have any in s...

As long as the phone's battery code is in the help files, Koodo can still send a battery. They still have a Galaxy Ace battery listed and those phones were garbage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Try using a different battery... You may have to visit a Koodo kiosk to see if they have any in s...

What do you mean the Z10 has been discontinued Koodo still sells it?
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Excuse me you you should be able to call in to customer service to replace the battery. They are still selling in and The phone should be within the warranty because the phone hasn't been out for 1 year yet.
Userlevel 5
Small thought but have you tried a different outlet?
Userlevel 7
The Z 10 at times has shown me this symbol as well. I use a 2.1 amp charger now for everything. They are readily available at future shop or online. Try one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

The Z 10 at times has shown me this symbol as well. I use a 2.1 amp charger now for everything. T...

Pretty bad when the factory-supplied charger isn't good enough for the device.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The Z 10 at times has shown me this symbol as well. I use a 2.1 amp charger now for everything. T...

+1 on fail (or should that be -1) oh well a better charger works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I haven't had that happen on my Z10 (no longer in my possession), but I haven't used it nearly as much as you have. You have the ultimate BB10 authority around here 😉
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

The 2.1 amp travel charger is amazing. I use them exclusively. Rapid charging ftw.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Also, just throwing it out there, OS 10.2.1.1055 is incredible. Install android apps direct from android app stores right on the phone, no more sideloading 😉
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I find when it's awake it's a power hog, with each new is leak the battery life is getting better. But sadly yes the supplied charger isn't enough. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. As said I have 2.1a chargers all over the house and in my truck. They do just fine. Interestingly the 520 charger does a good job too unless you go to use the phone, then the battery drains while charging. During the day I use the 2.1a but when I'm sleeping it's on the 520's. Which I believe is .75 amps Go figure and yes Mattjs 10.2.1 is amazing and the battery life is much improved
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a Source store near you drop by and check out their chargers, they carry a "Innergie" line that's great. I've had quite a few chargers and nothing charges as quickly as the Innergie one I got, its a 2.1A dual USB port charger that's truly a 2.1A charger when using one port which others I've had were not they had the same 1A output no matter if you were using 1 or 2 ports at a time, I highly recommend them and would even put my rep on the line