Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Z10 Availability in Thunder Bay

Hello, I am in Thunder Bay, Ontario right now and wanted to purchase the BlackBerry Z10. Neither of the two local Koodo retailers (Walmart and Future Shop) have any in stock and have told me on numerous occasions that Koodo has not given them a time frame for when they will receive any. I really want this phone but it is unavailable for purchase online due to 'security reasons' as per what a customer service representative told me in an email. When will this phone be made available for purchase in my area or online? I am very anxious to get one but do not want to have to switch providers to get it!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It was about 3 months before the s3 became available for purchase online, largely, as I understand, due to supply issues. I suspect it will likely be a similar delay for the z10.
Thanks for the reply, Timo. Given that the Z10 launched on January 30th, I can expect an end of April release for Koodo online roughly then? I am still not understanding why other markets of similar size have the Z10 available for purchase in store while Thunder Bay does not. I do know there are supply and demand issues, but it strikes me as odd Thunder Bay was notably left absent, especially with the availability of the new LTE network.
Userlevel 2
Can't your local Koodo store just order one in for you? Or does Koodo not do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Can't your local Koodo store just order one in for you? Or does Koodo not do that?

If they're only sold at koodo stores, the closest ones to Thunder Bay are Sault Ste Marie and Winnipeg. About 7 hrs drive in either direction.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Oh I see. Fair enough. Feel sorry for the OP, looks like a 7hr ride is the only way for him a Koodo z10 right now........... or just buy an unlocked one outright online...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure that koodo currently sells the z10 anywhere other than their own stores and kiosks at the moment. As for when it will be available online, I can't be sure, since the s3 had been out for several months when koodo got it, while they picked up the z10 at launch. This could have an effect on supply and distribution. I wouldn't expect it to be available online for at least a month or two, if ever.
Thanks again for the replies, guys. Alas, it appears as though I will have to wait to get a Z10. I expect to be in Toronto within the next few months, so I will look into buying one there from a Koodo kiosk. As much as I would love to get a factory unlocked one online, I can only find retailers offering different versions other than the one Koodo offers (and for a much larger cost as well). With the APN settings issue currently on the Z10, I would hate taking any chance on buying a phone that would not populate the APN settings correctly, no matter how remote the chance. Thanks again!