Koodo Community

Wind launches carrier billing for Blackberry

• 22 April 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
So Wind finally implemented carrier billing for application purchases in App World. Similarly, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido and Virgin also offer this, and have for years. Is Koodo ever planning on providing this option? Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse here.... Note: When I first switched to Koodo several years ago, I had no problem using carrier billing for app purchases. This lasted for about 8 months, until one day the option was no longer available.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm more interested in some sort of NFC billing setup for "real-world" purchases. But that being said, if the competition provides carrier billing, so should Koodo.
Userlevel 2
I'm more interested in some sort of NFC billing setup for "real-world" purchases. But that bei...Oh I agree, can't wait to be able to walk into a timmy's to grab a coffee and just swipe my phone. Rogers and CIBC are already offering this I believe, albeit in select locations only.
Userlevel 7
I'm more interested in some sort of NFC billing setup for "real-world" purchases. But that bei...Paypass with my PC Mastercard is pretty sweet too...
Userlevel 6
I'm more interested in some sort of NFC billing setup for "real-world" purchases. But that bei...Adoption of NFC is guranteed to be low for at least 5 years unless you live in Japan. 🙂
Carrier billing depends on the service you are using. For example, you can charge facebook credits to your mobile bill.
Userlevel 2
Carrier billing depends on the service you are using. For example, you can charge facebook credit...Can you currently do that with facebook on Koodo? I'm not really too bothered about facebook carrier billing, or social media type billing in general, but I guess it would be good. Can't hurt at least. I'm really just looking for carrier billing for application purchases from the manufacturers' respective app stores. Not specifically Blackberry either, I think Koodo should offer this for Android Play Store and Apple App Store as well.