Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is a bite being taken out of your long term customers?

Went to change my plan and was informed I had to settle my tab even though I was not upgrading my phone. Addition to this I no longer receive a byop discount. Change of policy is fine but couple that with raising the price on older phones and it's sickening.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Don't chnage your plan, and nothing changes
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Was not an option.
Userlevel 7
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Hi Sean, when you say it wasn't an option, did someone tell you you had to change your plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Maybe his old plan no longer satisfies his usage requirements?
Userlevel 7
Subaru_Andy wrote:

I figured that might be the answer but wanted to be sure that op wasn't given the wrong information
Userlevel 5
Subaru_Andy wrote:

They still have a suite of "Classic plans" available for people who want to change their plan in case it isn't meeting their needs, but doesn't force them to upgrade into the new system. Everyone just wants the new plans since they are cheaper since the BYOD discount is built into them.
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Asked to go to a classic plan to avoid paying off my 1 month old tab. Told I couldn't. Needed a plan change because 200 min was not cutting it and would cost me double my plan by months end at least. Was further upset to see phone prices are up 150 on same phones over a month.
Userlevel 1
Koodo IS taking a bite out of long term customers. Before I was with Koodo, I was with a provider called Mobilicity... you pay for your own phone and their plans are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper... great option if you live in one of the big citys where they have coverage. I plan to ride out my current tab on Koodo and then switch back to Mobilicity. I will be checking out other providers for the best deal in the meantime though.
Userlevel 5
Is mobilicity still under bankruptcy protection? I know they have been close to shutting their doors for a while. And I'm sure no one here will argue that there are other carriers that offer cheaper plans if you fit into their much smaller coverage maps.