Koodo Community

Community

Solved

which phone to choose ???

Userlevel 1
I've been looking on koodo site for phones...and checking online including reddit,phonearena,cnet,pcmagazine,mobilesyrup even downloading user guides...looking for ease of use and least breakable screen or even catch on fire...any help would be appreciated

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What's your budget? Any of the high end phones will be fantastic, iPhone 5, Galaxy S5 etc. If you're on a budget you can't go wrong with the Moto G right now, or Nexus 5. I'm very fond of the Note 2 as well. Oh and mustn't forget the Nokia Lumia 635 which is their only Windows phone but it's quite good, and the Q5 Blackberry model. They all catch on fire if you throw them in the fireplace - I wouldn't recommend it 🙂 Teasing of course, but those phones should be good. As for breakable screens: again these phones WILL shatter when dropped in certain ways, always use a case!
Userlevel 7
If size would be an issue in regards to a new phone as well, the iPhone is a great size phone for most people, very easy to use. The next option I'd choose would either be the Nexus 5 or Moto G as Sophia suggested.

The nice thing about the Nexus 5 is that it still has great hardware compared to most new smartphones on the market, including the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Moto G is a great phone compared to many lower end phones that are available *cough*Ace 2X *cough*, the only thing that keeps me from owning one is the fact of having a very low amount of storage space available.

Ultimately it's your decision in the end.
Userlevel 7
Must put a third to the Moto G although the Lumia 635 is a great device as well. If you want a keyboard you can't go wrong with the Q5.
Userlevel 1
I'm using an old beater Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant...which is why i ask
Userlevel 7
There's no problem with asking questions, that's what we're all here for. There are definitely a few good choices that Koodo has for phones in their line up, I'm sure whatever one you choose will be a good fit. 🙂
the only one to stay away from is the ace IIx (if it's even still available). Worst decision I ever made!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My vote goes to the Nokia Lumia 635. You get free offline GPS (HERE Drive+) and up to 4 offline music mixes (MixRadio) at a time which really makes a difference for people with limited data or no data at all. The Moto G and Q5 are also quite capable and a worthwhile choice.
Userlevel 3
I have a Blackberry Q5 and love it. As Sophia mentioned, consider your budget and what you like or looking for in a phone. I have a Blackberry Q5 and love it. The only one I would stay away from is the Samsung Galaxy ace 11. A few friends have it and hated it (problems with the phone) Hope this helps and good luck! 🙂
I have been a lifetime BB user and just purchased the Q5 last week. It is by far the best BB i've ever owned. Love the BB10 OS which is obviously a huge contributing factor as to why this is the best BB i've owned. Takes about a day to get used to the new OS but then you'll never go back. Highly recommend this phone for such a cheap price ($226 tax incl!!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Trench wrote:

I have been a lifetime BB user and just purchased the Q5 last week. It is by far the best BB i've...

There won't be any taxes if the phone is purchased on Tab S. Taxes are only levied when purchased outright or when you choose to clear your tab yourself early.