Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when will the new BlackBerry 10.2.1 update be available on Koodo network?

I heard that some Rogers, Bell, and Telus users have been able to update to 10.2.1 from what I've read in fourms. What about Koodo? When does Koodo planning to roll it out? Rocking the Z30!

11 replies

Userlevel 4
It was pushed out this morning. Try a manual check by going to Settings, software updates
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your rocking the Z30 that means it's not a koodo phone so you should ask whatever carrier the phone was purchased from originally. It's not dependent on what provider your using the phone on but what carriers phone it is.
Userlevel 4
To expand on Paul's comment, it's setup that whatever SIM you currently have in the device will dictate which update you get.. However, since Z30 was never carried by Koodo, it might be missed. If you still can't get it updated, try Blackberry Link. If that doesn't work, then borrowing a friend's SIM to trigger the update will work. Or, using sachesi to manual apply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ry wrote:

To expand on Paul's comment, it's setup that whatever SIM you currently have in the device will d...

I got my update on my Z10 2 days ago, before any tech sites ever reported it. My Z10 is straight from BB, which would lead me to believe that me having a Koodo SIM in in has no bearing on when I get updates.
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

To expand on Paul's comment, it's setup that whatever SIM you currently have in the device will d...

Well, 2 days ago, it was released to all Canadian carriers. Also, some people got it by accident on 01/24, which was immediately pulled.
Badge +4
Ry wrote:

It seems reports are somewhat divided over at CB as to whether or not the BB Z10 relies on a SIM card to get the update. Many are saying that the update is SIM-based, while a few, myself included, were able to obtain the OTA update simply over Wi-Fi, without a Koodo SIM installed. Not once, but on three separate occasions. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/psa-ota-os-updates-bb10-tied-carrier-sim-card-776987/index5.html
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

Well, a small number of people including yourself have had success, the flip side is, the sim method has always worked. people in USA have bought an unactivated Canadian sim from eBay to force the update.
I was pushed out this morning. Just go to software update and check for updates if it hasn't shown up yet. I can take up to an hour or more to download the new update and some have reported up to 10 minutes to reboot. I am experiencing very poor signal compared to what i had since my update. It mostly searches for a network now. I have done battery and SIM pulls and restarts with no improvement. I hope it settles soon if not i'll be looking to sideload a leak again. I know it can take a few hours to a couple of days for a new update to settle. I've also lost my Porsche clock too 😞
Has it been pushed for the Q10? I have this phone but it has not arrived yet, and I know Koodo carried it at one time.
If you bought the Q10 from Koodo it would of been pushed by Koodo. Mine started to download by itself and would of never noticed if it hadn't paused due to low battery. Go to About in Settings then OS in the Category and check to see if you have 10.2.1.1925 OS if so you already have the latest software. If not you can try checking for Software Updates in Settings or through BB Link. There are rumors that the update may have been suspended for a couple of days due to some bugs. There are quite a few of us experiencing poor signal issues since the update believed to be due to the 1899 radio.
Userlevel 4
tshooz wrote:

If you bought the Q10 from Koodo it would of been pushed by Koodo. Mine started to download by it...

Other main issue seen is the android runtime no longer working ..