Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when will the cell towers in NB be working?

Tropical storm Arthur, cell phone outage, Woodstock nb

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Adam, I'm sure the carriers (Bell, Telus, probably even Rogers) are working hard to bring everything back online... but I guess it might take a little while depending on the amount of damage. Since it probably affects all or most people with a cell phone in your area, I sort of would imagine it might be in your local news as well... so keep an eye on that too 🙂
Local news is saying nothing actually. Hence why I came here. Didn't really expect a specific time. Just a general idea. Can't call and ask koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My husband used to repair electronic equipment for an airline... when something broke down and people started asking how long it would take to fix it, he'd say "just a minute, I'll ask God". Sometimes, it is just not possible to be specific and the only possible answer is "it'll be done when it's done". Unless of course Koodo has additional information by now from the technicians as to what is exactly broken, and how long it'll take to repair. Let's hope they'll chime in soon but chances are you'll be up and running first 🙂 I'm sure it has their highest priority right now!
Ya I'm not holding my breath on that one. But it will b fixed sometime within the next 24-72 hrs. At least that's what NB power is saying for hydro. But thanks tho
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Adam Rothwell wrote:

Ya I'm not holding my breath on that one. But it will b fixed sometime within the next 24-72 hrs....

I'd say that is a very good guess, Adam!!! I really hope it'll be sooner for you, having no service is no fun 😞 No other damage I hope?
Adam Rothwell wrote:

Ya I'm not holding my breath on that one. But it will b fixed sometime within the next 24-72 hrs....

The province will b a while cleaning up the mess here. NB power will b hard at work for a while just to restore power