Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When travelling in Europe will I get charged for data use?

When travelling in Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Czech), will we get charged for data use when accessing free wifi?

8 replies

Not at all Judy, using wifi anywhere is completely free 🙂 If you're travelling you may want to turn data off on your phone though so you don't rack up any unwanted charges. On Android go into your settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks and uncheck the box next to enable mobile data. Hope that helps!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Judy.... Nope... If you are 100% that you data is disabled on your phone, you will not be charged for Data on your trip... Wifi is open to everyone and does not have anything to do with the Koodo services...
keep in mind that when roaming there are also : Roaming TXT Roaming Calls If your phone finds a network to roam with, and you start receiving txt you will be charged for those. (incoming and outgoing txt are cahrged while roaming) With calls only if you answer the call. Good Luck and make sure you turn data off on your phone, this can be very expensive R.E.
Userlevel 6
Roger Erazo wrote:

keep in mind that when roaming there are also : Roaming TXT Roaming Calls If your phone find...

Hi Roger, text messages and calls will only work if the roaming features have been added to the account. Without these specific Add-ons, the phone won't connect to Europeans networks 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Roger Erazo wrote:

keep in mind that when roaming there are also : Roaming TXT Roaming Calls If your phone find...

So, by turning off data and roaming, I can access WiFi without incurring text charges?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roger Erazo wrote:

If you don't want any roaming charge (accidental roaming charge), take your sim card out from your phone and access WIFI when it available.
Roger Erazo wrote:

I'm in Europe for 15 days what would it cost for phone/data pkg. I have an iPhone 5c
Userlevel 3
Roger Erazo wrote:

Hello Gail, 

You can find more info about our International Roaming add-ons and about how to add them here: http://koo.do/trvllng, under the [b]Travelling outside the U.S. section. 

Many thanks!