Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Whatsapp

I wanna get Whatsapp, but I'm not sure if I can. I have the $25 plan with unlimited text, but I don't have any blackberry social or data. Can I use Whatsapp over wifi without getting charged?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On any HSPA blackberry, if you don't have a data plan you will not be charged for data because 3G data simply won't work. You won't be charged for data use, but Whatsapp may or may not work just over wifi on blackberry.
Userlevel 7
My wife had a curve 3g, what's app worked fine over wifi
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

But you'll need to set it up over a wifi connection to begin with since you don't have data.
Chad Burr wrote:

I set whatsapp up using my wifi connection but haven't been able to see/use any of my contacts. I can't add any contacts either. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You can't "add" contacts technically. Whatsapp scans your phones contact list to see if any numbers you have are registered in their system as a WhatsApp user. If so, whatsapp automatically adds them to your contact list within the app itself so you can message them. If they don't have whats app, you can't message them.
Chad Burr wrote:

My wife has whatsapp and I've input her number in my contacts list but whatsapp isn't seeing her. Her phone is registered in Mexico mine in Canada. Any ideas?
Chad Burr wrote:

never mind, there was a typo on her phone number.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Uninstall the app, reinstall it. Beyond that, you'd have to do a Google search for more assistance.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Or ask here again, There's 15+ of us who are addicted to helping.
Chad Burr wrote:

I have whatsapp on my old phone and need to load it on my new phone. I have been given google verifying codes but do not know where to enter them. I have let my new Samsung drain power then now charging.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

What part are you having trouble with? Just downloading whatsapp or setting it up? Here's the link to download it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

The WhatsApp application should prompt you to enter verification codes at the proper place and time. Usually the prompt shows before the verification codes arrive.

You can usually request fresh ones if the original verification codes have expired.