Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What exactly is included in Blackberry Basic?

I have an add-on called Blackberry Basic ($10/month) on my bill, but I have no clue what that gives me. BBM works fine, but I don't get any social stuff. Am I paying $10 for just BBM even though there's another add-on that allows me to get it for $5? Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB basic includes: Unlimited access to BlackBerry Messenger. Caller Display Voicemail Unlimited text messaging
Thanks! I currently have that old $20 plan (can't seem to find it on their website anymore) + BB Basic for a total of $30 a month. If I switched to the $25 Canada Wide Talk and Text plan + BBM add on for a total of $30, I'd still have everything I have now plus call waiting and conference calling correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Suneet wrote:

Thanks! I currently have that old $20 plan (can't seem to find it on their website anymore) + ...

yes, other than the fact that the new plans are billed by the minute while your old plan is billed by the second.
Suneet wrote:

Thanks! I currently have that old $20 plan (can't seem to find it on their website anymore) + ...

Thanks so much. One last question: I can currently use Whatsapp off wifi even though I don't have data (I'm guessing it does it through BIS?), will I still be able to use Whatsapp if I got the BBM add on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Suneet wrote:

You can still use it on wifi but it won't work through 3G (at least it's not supposed to), but that should be the same thing you have now.
Suneet wrote:

Just did some digging around, and apparently whatsapp does work through BIS. I guess that means it should still work. Thanks a bunch for your help! 🙂