Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What does Koodo mean?

I've always been interested in knowing who and why invented Koodo's name, I would like someone write the real story of this novel company. Gratitude for reading!

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Well, it's not in Webster's so I guess they just invented a word that sounded good.
Koodo was actually started by Telus. In reality it was created to match Fido which was invented by Rogers. The reason its named Koodo is because its geared towards the younger generation. Other than that it sounds cool, and has an amazing mascot. So no worries!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vishal Brar wrote:

Koodo was actually started by Telus. In reality it was created to match Fido which was invented b...

FYI, Rogers acquired Fido. Fido was an independent provider before (Microcell).
Userlevel 5
Vishal Brar wrote:

Koodo was actually started by Telus. In reality it was created to match Fido which was invented b...

Koodo = Kudos which means like Good job... right? Well that's what I always thought.
Vishal Brar wrote:

Nice answer guys, and good point John Lee. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Vishal Brar wrote:

"In reality it was created to match Fido which was invented by Rogers" No, Fido was invented by Microcell Communications in 1996, eight years before it was acquired by Rogers. "The reason its named Koodo is because its geared towards the younger generation." Eh? What does that even mean? b
Userlevel 1
Vishal Brar wrote:

This topic was also been discussed on this post : http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo_brand