Koodo Community

Community

Solved

waving tab fee for new phone

my scroll isn't working on my phone and I want to upgrade to the Q5 and I have a tab of 27$ wondering if it can be waved I have been a good customer late a few times on payments yes, but it does get paid. if I cant get this done I am going to have to switch to a new company where I can get a new phone for free.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
You can move to the Q5 if you wish. There will be 27 dollars less that you can put towards, since that is the balance owing on your tab. I don't think Koodo waives tabs, despite tenure. But try your luck at at store. Also, if you decide to leave, don't forget you still owe that 27 and will be billed for it.
Userlevel 3
Any new upgrades requires you to pay off your current tab. Your tab will be applied on your next invoice at which point you can use the tab again towards another phone. Generally tab credits aren't issued anymore unless then phone has been sent in numerous times to repair.
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

You can move to the Q5 if you wish. There will be 27 dollars less that you can put towards, since...

Extreme circumstances yes. Tenure is taken into account if waiving the tab is requested.
Userlevel 2
Ry wrote:

You can move to the Q5 if you wish. There will be 27 dollars less that you can put towards, since...

Anyone with a non-working Motorola Rival that called in got their tab wiped right away.
Userlevel 3
Ry wrote:

Is setting the expectation appropiate for any customer?This is looking to lead to an escalation?Just pointing that out Myke
Userlevel 2
Ry wrote:

If someone still has the motorola rival that doesn't work, that still stands, but it was only for that phone because of the amount of issues that it had. It won't apply for any other phone.
Userlevel 3
Ry wrote:

so how are you determining that this client is indeed using this phone?Is it isn't so it shouldn't of been mentioned initially.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ry wrote:

It was mentioned that Koodo has waived tab credits owing in the past so you never know it's worth a try but isn't something normal so don't expect it. Ry stated that he doesn't think koodo waiver tab credits owed and Myke was just pointing out that it is possible so don't completely count it out that they won't.
Userlevel 2
Ry wrote:

the Rival is an OLD cdma phone. I doubt anyone actually uses it anymore. I was simply mentioning a time where the tab was wiped because of multiple issues with the phone. Phones are much more advanced now, so the likelyhood of the tab being completely wiped is pretty slim now.
Userlevel 3
Ry wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Myke. As you can tell I'm having a rough day today 🙂
Userlevel 2
Ry wrote:

We all are 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ry wrote:

It's that damn whiner with the Nexus 5 cracked screen putting us all in a bad mood :-!