Koodo Community
Question

Want to use in Mexico to receive calls and text only. Is there coverage?

• 7 December 2012
  • 6 replies

I have a BB Curve 2530, no SIM card. If I just add the LD plan at $2, turn off my data services, turn off roaming will my phone work for incoming calls and text only? I have other options with a PC and wifi for anything else I want. Can I add the LD for only the one month and remove it again via self serve when I get back in a couple weeks? Thx!!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

The $2 LD saver gives you access to international long distance rates for calls made within Canada. They rates don't apply for calls made outside of Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data roaming is much more expensive than voice roaming, but still count on paying 2.00 a minute for voice and 0.60 per message for text, both sending and receiving.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah, I see that voice roaming needs to be on but data roaming off... it's the data roaming that is...Yep
Userlevel 3
Ah, I see that voice roaming needs to be on but data roaming off... it's the data roaming that is...You are correct that you can only change plans/add-ons once a month
Ah, I see that voice roaming needs to be on but data roaming off... it's the data roaming that is the source of the cell bill horror stories? First time taking a phone out of country so I don't want any shocks. On my actual BB I can shut off the data roaming but don't see any other options I must change. I leave Network selection mode to " automatic". ? I had also read that you could only change add ons one time per billing cycle... Add/Change Features Add, upgrade or remove features from your account. (Note: You can do this to a maximum of one time per billing cycle, per subscriber.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roaming has to be on and you have to add the things stated under the traveling outside of Canada & US . Yes you can add it and off the nest month http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)