Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wandering Blackberry Ball

I have a wandering ball on my blackberry, it just goes all over the place, super annoying. Anyone else have this problem? Is it possible to get a new ball or do I need to purchase a new phone?

5 replies

A wandering ball?
Userlevel 6
If you have a "ball" then you have an older model and probably not worth replacing as it will cost a pretty penny. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a new phone.
Yes, lol....a wandering ball. Sorry...its not so much a ball as it is a square sensor to navigate with.I have a Blackberry curve, just got it last year when I had to upgrade because my blackberry before that just sh*t the bed when the screen went funky colors for no reason...however the sales rep insisted I sat on it! Only had that a year as well....maybe I have to upgrade every year? Stay tuned for that question next!
Jessica QuarterMaster Sheridan wrote:

Yes, lol....a wandering ball. Sorry...its not so much a ball as it is a square sensor to navigate...

Cell phones nowadays don't last longer than 1.5 years(if that). This isn't every phone. Some phones last a good 2 years whle others crap to 3-6 months. It really is a case by case scenario when it comes to mobile phones.
I had a similar issue when I had the really old curve on another network (my main reason for finally making the switch to Koodo) The problem is that the contact between the trackpad and the sensor has developed a gap, as in the battery no longer provides enough pressure to push the sensor up against the trackpad. Sadly they only answer for this is a new phone, if you like blackberry the z10 is good, otherwise go with the bold, or android.