Koodo Community

Community

Visual Voicemail for Blackberry 10


Userlevel 4
I was following the Visual VoiceMail Thread for Blackberry, but it was incorrectly closed as answered. Adding this topic (please keep it open) for Blackberry 10 Visual Voicemail Support. Old thread was: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/visual_voicemail_where_are_you Ashley Levy, the iPhone thread (which is still not answered) is: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/visual_voicemail_for_the_iphone_please

24 replies

Userlevel 2
Honestly I don't even know what to think of this company anymore. It's cool that FINALLY koodo is offering VVM. It's uncool that Koodo has decided only iPhone users should be able to access it.
any updates on this? I really want to have vvm on my z30
Userlevel 2
Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

May I ask where is source on demand?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Well you can request it here(which you already did), but it takes more than just a forum for stuff to get added.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Sorry, let me reword. What is your source on the perceived low demand?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Just by what I see. Even on this forum, there is very few demanding Visual Voicemail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Of the millions of customers there's the 2 ppl here asking for it. Heck even say 10 ppl is a very low percentage of millions I'd say that's the proof.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

I bet only a fraction of customers know about this community. But that aside, only 14 people asked for the iPhone vvm, and they got it. Add the legacy BlackBerry users thread, we are at 6. Finally, look at the traction of interest in both the legacy BlackBerry and iPhone thread, and the votes don't reflect it. I suspect people don't see its a vote button on the Op post
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

make that 7 RY. I'd like to see VVM on blackberry 10 too. Others carriers offer it, why not koodo.
Userlevel 7
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Ry, your thought process on this is wrong. Just because you think 14 people caused the iPhone visual voicemail being implemented, doesn't mean it's true. And in fact it's not. Lets also remember that BlackBerry users make up a SMALL, TINY fraction of Koodo customers and that the iPhone is hundreds of times more popular and more than 100x more on the network. Plus other factors. I don't have factual numbers but then again, neither do you. Feel free to suggest the idea, however, please don't act like you are entitled to it.
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

If it makes sense for the other carriers to implement and profit off of it then I'm sure koodo can make money off of it too. There are a lot more androids out there then iphones, why isn't the option available to them? Please don't use this forum as an example of demand because I've been a koodo customer for a while but didn't start using this forum until my friend got visual voicemail for his iPhone and I said that's cool I want it too. If they have the option available, they will get more people buying it. A lot of people don't know they want it till you offer it to them.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

@Ahmad, I think you may have misunderstood me, I never implied nor stated I am entitled to VVM. I merely questioning anyone who says there is no demand, such as yourself, when there is no evidence to back that. I feel it's a misconception that BlackBerries users don't matter, as they are 'fringe' users. If this idea doesn't interest you, that's fine. No one is forcing you to vote or comment. But please don't feel like you can derail this thread with made up numbers and suggest I'm acting like a child. Quite frankly, I expect more from a Mobile Master.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Given how little demand there is for Visual Voicemail, I can't see it being added to other phones.

Hundreds of thousands of ppl visit this forum constantly and of those that know full well about this forum there is 2 ppl here asking for it which isn't made up numbers they are pure evidence that there isn't the demand
I'd like to see VVM for Blackberry for sure. I also don't understand why someone who doesn't have the phone, cares enough to try and negate the request from being implemented? You don't have the phone? Move along, really, your opinion isn't needed. If you feel the need to comment on everything mobile, then you're better off going to MobileSyrup or Howardforums to feed your obsession.
Userlevel 2
ILovePolarBears wrote:

I'd like to see VVM for Blackberry for sure. I also don't understand why someone who doesn't h...

+1 This is suppose to be a community to share ideas, I don't see why some people need to try and marginalize suggestions, especially when the topic in question is about offering comparable services across device platforms. It seems people are pretty quick to sh*t on Blackberry users asking for VVM, but if it was Apple of Android devices that were being left out, I would bet these same people would be the first to complain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ILovePolarBears wrote:

I'd like to see VVM for Blackberry for sure. I also don't understand why someone who doesn't h...

I have at least 1 phone from eevery single OS and love BlackBerry 10 so I'm not putting the idea down because it's Blackberry at all , infact I wouldn't support any OS getting Visual voicemail as almost nobody is asking for it of the hundreds of thousands of people who visit this forum every month. I don't know why when anyone states anything that isn't promoting something ppl have to think it's due to the platform your running and assume that'sthe only reason the person isn't supporting the idea.
ILovePolarBears wrote:

I'd like to see VVM for Blackberry for sure. I also don't understand why someone who doesn't h...

Then I don't see your point of view. If it's possible to do so and if they have provided it to some users, then they should come out with a technical reason, or a financial reason as to why they should not. But to say "I don't want an option", somewhat mind boggling if you don't have any intent on getting it.
Userlevel 2
Visual Voicemail requires time & money to be put into the system. Having to code it for 3 different platforms when the demand isn't high enough just isn't worth it, regardless if other providers do offer it. I was surprised when it was brought on for iPhone.
Myke wrote:

Visual Voicemail requires time & money to be put into the system. Having to code it for 3 differe...

Then they should come out and say "We've seen the comments, but unfortunately..."
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Visual Voicemail requires time & money to be put into the system. Having to code it for 3 differe...

Here's the thing. If they say that, then change their minds, that can have public backlash. You may not realize it, but in the PR world, it's safer to say nothing than something.
Myke wrote:

Visual Voicemail requires time & money to be put into the system. Having to code it for 3 differe...

I respectfully disagree. Unlike HTC and Telus with Android 4.0, which was "We are going to not bring it", to "We are going to bring it" to "We are not going to bring it". The first was expectation settings of a device getting an update. "We're not doing it" Then there was consumer outrage (which would really be limited in the case of VVM for BB). Then HTC came out and said "Yep, we're doing it!", positive light at the end of the Desire HD tunnel. HTC got happy points. -- This is where it should have stopped -- Then HTC came back and said: "Nope, not going to do it after all". That's where in the PR world it is safer to say nothing at all (after the initial no). Yes, there would be irritated users, but better than the users who are confused and led on. The PR disaster is if they said they were going to do it and then backtracked.
Userlevel 4
I recently unlocked my Z10, and threw my T-Mobile sim in. Guess what? They offer visual voicemail for free even to pay as you go customers on Blackberry. Now even Virgin Canada is offering it for BlackBerry.
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

I recently unlocked my Z10, and threw my T-Mobile sim in. Guess what? They offer visual voicemail...

I would like to see Koodo support BlackBerry features more but it seems quite the opposite. Sucks how Canadian carriers aren't supporting a Canadian company

Reply