Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Using a Rogers Torch 9800 on Koodo Netwok

If I get a Blackberry Torch 9800 from Rogers, would I be able to unlock it and use my Koodo SIM card with it? Basically what I'm asking is, will i be able to do all the things I am able to do now on my android device ex: use my data or unlimited texting?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ryan, no need to ask the same question over and over. It's been answered. Check your profile and you'll see. 🙂 http://community.koodomobile.com/people/ryan_blanchard_6397794
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Ryan, no need to ask the same question over and over. It's been answered. Check your profil...

I'm sorry ... I can't find any answer by following that link. Will the Torch 9800 work on the Koodo system? Will it access data? Will it access wi-fi? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Ryan, no need to ask the same question over and over. It's been answered. Check your profil...

Is it just the 9800 or is there more to the model number?
Chad Burr wrote:

Just 9800, so far as I see in my Rogers account.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

According to gsmarena.com, It uses the umts 850/1900 bands, so you should be fine. Make sure you specify older style BlackBerry when you choose a plan so that you'll have the proper provisioning on your account.
Oh sorry! Im new here and never knew! Thanks for the heads up!
Userlevel 7
Ryan Blanchard wrote:

Oh sorry! Im new here and never knew! Thanks for the heads up!

No problem, welcome!