Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocked Z10 from Rogers

I may be bringing an unlocked BB Z10 over from Rogers as I can get a good deal on one. Should I expect any issues using this phone on the Koodo network?

20 replies

Userlevel 1
I would think not... given that Koodo offers the Z10 themselves. As long as the phone is unlocked, no problemo.
Alright cool. Since I did not purchase the phone from Koodo, would I have issues of getting phone support from Koodo?
Userlevel 1
I doubt that also as it is a model they offer themselves and a Z10 is a Z10.
Userlevel 1
Koodo will be able to help if you have issues. They cannot honor the warranty on the phone though for the obvious reason of it not being a Koodo phone. But if you have issues with voice, text, and/or data connection issues, Koodo can help 🙂
If I do have warranty issues, would Blackberry honour it?
Userlevel 1
I think not but the manufacturers warranty would apply.
Userlevel 2
If you need warranty support you would still go through Rogers, doesn't matter if you switched your network provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

If you need warranty support you would still go through Rogers, doesn't matter if you switched yo...

By the sounds of it though he's buying a used one since it's cheaper to buy one from Koodo. In that case you don't have a warranty do you?
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

If you need warranty support you would still go through Rogers, doesn't matter if you switched yo...

Yeah you still have warranty. Blackberry has a one year manufacturer warranty on all devices, the carrier that sells the phone is obliged to facilitate this, regardless of if the device is actually used on the network in question.
mattjs wrote:

No, not a used one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Why would you not buy it from Koodo then, it's $50 cheaper?
mattjs wrote:

I can get it for $340 new. Just wanted to make sure the phone would work properly at koodo. I've never had an unlocked phone before
Alright awesome, thanks for the help
If it is unlocked you shouldn't have a problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Many of us on here have the Blackberry Z10, so if you need any help with the phone we are here to help, just ask
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Many of us on here have the Blackberry Z10, so if you need any help with the phone we are here to...

Did know you had the Z10 Kid, when did you get it? I got one Monday myself and am enjoying it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Many of us on here have the Blackberry Z10, so if you need any help with the phone we are here to...

I bought one a couple days ago because I was really wanting to experience the new OS since it is the only OS other than Android that has gotten me excited. I'm really liking it and if it had a bigger display I might even consider changing from Android. Everything just flows together great. There's a few things I'm not a fan of but I can see them being added or changed in a future update. How you liking yours Jorden?

Well the Blackberry "Aristo" or what ever it will be called, is rumoured to come out Q4 2013. This should be the touch BB device that Sprint will carry in the US. It is rumoured to have a 4.6 inch screen.
Userlevel 5

Sorry Kid with the flood I just noticed this post. I'm really enjoying it, I actually like it more than Android, and if it wasn't for all my Apple products I would give some serious consideration to a full time switch!
rogers iphone will not work on wind, however the bell iphone does. interesting eh?