Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited data for unlimited minds

Especially since iphone users get the greyed out wifi and isnt possible to connect to it, the unlimited data plan will instanly catch my eyes it would also branch out to other phones such as android , windows, etc. Wind has a unlimited talk, text and data plan for $30. A much better provider like koodo should be able to come close to the competition. If I got unlimited everything with koodo for $40 I'd definitely go for it

11 replies

Userlevel 6
I have an iphone and use wi-fi all the time. Watch Netflix even. I'm not sure what you mean by your wi-fi being greyed out. There are quite a few threads here about your topic with lots of opinion mostly around why this will not happen any time soon. Here is just one of them: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/unlimited_data-1dg18c
Chris Petersens wrote:

I have an iphone and use wi-fi all the time. Watch Netflix even. I'm not sure what you mean by yo...

Wifi doesn't turn on to the point where apple tells u you need to replace it. Also yes its a big country and what not but honestly 500mb for $42 😑 1gb sounds reasonable. Especially since wind gives u 5gb before slowing down their data after exceeding the 5gb
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

I have an iphone and use wi-fi all the time. Watch Netflix even. I'm not sure what you mean by yo...

The download speed for Wind is about 500kb/s as of the latest test. Koodo's is 8.8Mb/s, at least on my phone. Honestly, I know it's cheaper but my time is worth more than to stare at my phone and wait for a stupid page to load. 🙂
Chris Petersens wrote:

Trutrue Im just saying 1gb shouldnt be to bad to ask for, for a 40$ plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Chris, you can't assume all users everywhere get the same download speeds. For example, my current Koodo HSPA at home is 10.6 Mbps. I've had it as low as 2 Mbps, but my usual seems to be about 6 Mbps. When I was with Wind, my usual speed at home has been about 8 Mbps. In any case, for my usage and geographical area, there has been no distinction between the two networks. In fact, everything above 1.5 Mbps seems to suit me just fine.
Chris Petersens wrote:

Thankk you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wind has unlimited everything only while you are on their own network, which is the dark red areas on their coverage map. Try using that unlimited plan in Orangeville, ON and you'll be paying: 20¢/min Canada/US-wide Calling 15¢/Text Canada/US -wide 25¢/Text Global Texting $1/MB Data Koodo's plans can be used anywhere in Canada, no extra charges. Tell me again how great Wind is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Wind has unlimited everything only while you are on their own network, which is the dark red area...

Timo, I think that most can live without visiting the great metropolis of Orangeville. When Koodo's closest offering to Wind's is over 100% more expensive (while still being 1.5 GB of data short if we agree that Wind offers 5 GB of data for practical purposes), I wouldn't be a Koodo customer if they didn't offer me something tangible for that price difference. Still, I'm on a sweet promo plan (still not as good as Wind and still more expensive, but the premium over Wind isn't that bad in my case) and nothing in the current lineup compares to that. And Koodo could learn something from Wind regarding roaming charges: no incoming charge for texts no matter where you are. Those roaming rates you specify apply to US roaming as well. And 3/5 of their plans include global texting.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Wind has unlimited everything only while you are on their own network, which is the dark red area...

5gbs for a 30$ plan then unlimited is wayyyy more cheaper than just a measly 500mb for 42
Its more about being reasonable with the data instead of favouring whos better. Ive been with wind not always best service foreal now I am trying out koodo with the Canada wind data but what is 500mb getting you nowadays half a month smh
Canada wide*