Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable to send emails from sympatico account on my new Q5 BlackBerry

I am having difficulty sending replies to emails on my sympatico.ca acct. my gmail works :(:( Help so I can use my BlackBerry Q5 to the fullest. I went online and checked my phone and the settings are correct for incoming and outgoing mail Thanks for helping Shirley

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Likely has to do with the configuration of your SMTP server. In Accounts, click Edit for the Sympatico Account. In SMTP, make sure that smtphm.sympatico.ca is the hostname, and port 587 Make sure the SMTP username and password are in place. Ensure that the SMTP Encryption is set to SSL
hi I tried this and no success. My acct is with bellaliant in Nova Scotia. I went to their website and followed the video on setup and no luch
Hi Ry, I retried following the instructions on Bell Aliant.net and no success either. I am going out for a bicycle ride and will check back in hour or so.
Userlevel 1
Sorry you're having trouble Shirley, Blackberry has a handy knowledge base that may help you. Check out this page, and try some of the workarounds that they suggest: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=549988DA37AA4384930DD473E8B17D90?.... I hope that everything works out 🙂