Hello, I propose a way to give a healthy life to your cell phone. By turning it off at night we give a break to the phone, also we avoid the phone of being charged with static electricity witch, with time, may & will damage your phone's internal circuits. Also we will save electricity. Try charging your phone at 100% and leaving it for the night if possible as batteries also need to be charged and uncharged properly for them to have a good efficiency and longetivity. By the way this is good with any electric equipement.