Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Thinking of switching to Koodo. I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. Will I need a special plan?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
If you want to use data, make sure they put the Blackberry version of the plan which would allow your phone to use mobile data. Aside from that, nothing special.
Userlevel 3
If the phone you plan on using is not a Koodo phone you'll have to create a new APN within your cell phone in the settings or your internet won't work. Let us know if that's a Koodo phone or not. Otherwise no issues.
No it is not a Koodo phone. It is from another carrier that I will get unlocked.
Melanie Benjamin wrote:

No it is not a Koodo phone. It is from another carrier that I will get unlocked.

If it's other carrier phone means,you will need to unlock your Blackberry 9900 Bold phone.For unlocking use http://www.unbblock.com/blackberry-bold-9900/rs18wp9/
Userlevel 3
Ok you'll have to add a new apn within that cell phone in order for the internet to work. You'll find the apn within the settings of your cell phone. Create a new apn using these setting listed below. APN Name: Koodo MMS ALLOW APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http: //aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Actually, for a Blackberry, just go to options->device->advanced system settings->tcp ip, change the apn to bb.koodo.com, press the bb menu button and hit save. Then go to host routing table, press the bb menu button again and hit register now. Then restart the phone. No other apn settings required.
That sounds a lot easier. Thank you
Hi, i am still having difficulty connecting to the internet having add in the APN: bb.koodo.com, savings, and then hitting register now under Host Routing Table. Are there any other specifics I should perform? I have restarted my phone too and unable to connect.
Process i used: Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP> clicked the APN Settings Enabled checkbox > enter in bb.koodo.com under APN: > bb menu - save. Then: Host Routing Table> bb menu - register now > then restarted phone anything else required? Thanks
I am also using an unlocked BB9900 that was previously under Rogers. I have read that the Service Books may need to be swapped? May this be the case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Registering the phone with blackberry should download the new service books automatically. What Koodo plan do you have? Is it the blackberry version?