Koodo Community

Community

Solved

TEXT MESSAGING SERVICES WERE DOWN THIS MORNING

Userlevel 2
To everyone experiencing failing text messages - The services for Koodo and Telus were down this morning. Its not your phone or your bill. So dont wory too much 🙂 Services seem to be restored as of 10:25 am GMT

4 replies

Just spoke with Koodo tech support and apparently they are not offering any compensation for the inconvenience they caused to all of their customers. I find this ridiculous as many of us use our cell phones for work, business, and leisure. I was told "Service was restored in a short amount of time". In the real world, two hours in the middle of a work week is a lot of time..
Userlevel 5
Brad wrote:

Just spoke with Koodo tech support and apparently they are not offering any compensation for the ...

To be fair the service agreement everyone signs/agrees to when getting their phone says something along the lines of the service could be interrupted for any reason, and that Koodo isn't responsible for any lost business or anything else due to service interruptions. It's the same at all carriers I've been with, you can always call and ask but they aren't obligated to do anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brad wrote:

Just spoke with Koodo tech support and apparently they are not offering any compensation for the ...

Assuming that you are on Koodo's most expensive plan and paying $95/month, the prorated refund for the 3 hours texting was down for would be: 3 hours * ($95/(30 days *24 hrs)) == $0.40 Would you like that in nickels or dimes?
Userlevel 6
Brad wrote:

Plus, no one's paying for JUST texting. The model [b]I always use is the old $5 unlimited SMS add-on. 3 hrs * ($5/(30 days*24 hrs)) = $0.02 Sorry, but Canada doesn't have pennies anymore.