Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Teach me how to upgrade :D

Hello, so I really want to upgrade my phone and get myself a phone with an actual keyboard because this touchscreen era drives me insane. I noticed I have enough saved in my tab that I can upgrade to a Blackberry Q5 and was just wondering how I go about doing that. Do I just order the phone and plan I want and then cancel my current phone and plan when it arrives? Is there something I need to know switching from Android to Blackberry? Can I just order the phone and swap my sim card into it from my current phone and continue the plan as normal? Thanks all, cheers.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just order the phone. Not need to order another plan. THe phone will come with a sim card. If your old phone and new phon take the same sim card size then yolu can just pop out the old sim card and put it into the new phone. If they are different sim card sizes (or you just want to use the new sim card) then you can go into self serve and swap the sim card number online. You can also change your plan on self serve if you want
THANK YOU DENNIS, may the winds blow ever in your favor
Userlevel 2
One thing I'd keep in mind from android to blackberry is you may not be able to use a few apps. Just a headsup 🙂
Userlevel 7
I don't mind touch screens. I like the extra real estate. Especially with the excellent keyboard app SwiftKey being free on Android now. I think I type faster than I did when I had the 9900 and Q10.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

I don't mind touch screens. I like the extra real estate. Especially with the excellent keyboard ...

I agree especially with Google voice it makes life so much easier.