Koodo Community

Community

Tab perks for prepaid customers!

I've found that I can only afford a pay-as-you-go/prepaid plan as I am currently between jobs.

I've noticed that as a prepaid customer, there aren't very many phone options available. Even worse, if you are not on a monthly plan and would like a new phone, you will very likely be paying a lot of money for a phone that monthly users can get quite a bit cheaper on a tab.

My idea, it may not be anything new, but I wonder if prepaid users can pay (optional, of course) on a similar system, that could make it less costly to purchase a new phone, if the need or want arises.

This way, when fellow purchasers are looking to find out how well new phones fare for both pre-paid and post-paid customers, you would get a larger base on which system is more cost effective, paying for a phone that you can actually afford or having the option of paying for what you need and having the chance to get a nicer phone without spending more than you can actually afford.

Hope my idea makes some kind of sense.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Prepaid is the way it is because you need to literally prepay before using anything. It's primarily credit reasons. Being able to use Tab is using credit. Having the ability to use Tab AND the benefits of prepaid like no "overages", rollover boosters, etc. wouldn't be fair. You can always buy a phone elsewhere and bring it to Koodo too, as long as it's unlocked and supports bands 3G 850/1900. You're not limited to only what they offer, since that is admittedly a less than stellar selection on prepaid.
Jonathan I wrote:

Prepaid is the way it is because you need to literally prepay before using anything. It's primari...

Oh wow! I didn't know that! Thanks for the info. I have some phone shopping online to do! You've just made my weekend!!
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Prepaid is the way it is because you need to literally prepay before using anything. It's primari...

No problem! Check Amazon, eBay (trusted sellers) for any phones you might want. Find out if its unlocked and has bands 850/1900 HSPA/WCDMA. If it does then you're good to go. Kijiji is useful too, but just be wary of people blacklisting devices.