Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching from ORIGINAL TAB to NEW TAB with positive TAB BALANCE and paid off phone

I have the ORIGINAL TAB. I never opted for the TAB small/medium/large and I haven't upgrqaded my plan in a while. So recently I saw a plan that would better suit my needs but KOODO wants me to agree to the NEW TAB first before I can change plans. Now with my original TAB, it has been paid off for quite some time as I would much rather buy my own phone unlocked as I like using BLACKBERRY which I have done recently with the PRIV. 
 Soooo.... My Question is this.
 I want to utilize the new plans available, and I already have a great phone...what happens to my positive TAB balance of $150 once i make the switch?? and because I'm not paying off any phone payments or making TAB payments would I still be able to utilize the new plans as they are advertised???

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 150 dollar positive amount will remain in the event that you wish to use it towards getting a phone from Koodo. You'll not pay any extra and nothing changes with the plans if you don't use a tab. So yes you'll have no issues with the new plans if you don't use a tab. For people who do, you just add the tab amount for 24 months and it goes back to the plan only, and nothing else changes.
I'm assuming then that the $150 positive TAB balance will be mine to use whenever, but will only be a one time deal as they have done away with positive TAB.
 correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James T Retsolev wrote:

I'm assuming then that the $150 positive TAB balance will be mine to use whenever, but will only ...

Correct. Once you use this 150 balance, it's gone for good.
James T Retsolev wrote:

I'm assuming then that the $150 positive TAB balance will be mine to use whenever, but will only ...

ok, that answers my question. Thanks.
now, because I'm a thorough person...how do I know you know this? have you done this before or have seen this before? or is this just speculation?

just covering my @$$ before making a switch
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James T Retsolev wrote:

Glad to help!

Hmm. Alright, here are my unofficial citations:
- When the change was announced to the new tab system, this was covered in FAQs about it.
- I have gone through this personally
- there's multiple threads on this forum covering it where the answer is the same.
- I've known others go through it.
James T Retsolev wrote:

ok. thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James T Retsolev wrote:

Of course things can change in the future.  Right now the positive tab can be used whenever you want.