Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switched my original plan to the canada wide talk and text 35...mistake?

I just switched my original $25 unlimited texting and phone call plan which is no longer available to the $35 Canada-Wide Talk + Text 35 Dbl....Was this a mistake? Recently I have been paying a lot for airtime usage and last night on a whim I switched my plan because I thought I would be beneficial. I noticed I would get call display and a few other perks by switching but neglected to realize that I would no longer have free unlimited data....so I now pay the $35 + $10 blackberry social add-on but now i'm worried about my data usage as i didn't realize by switching that it would affect it.... I have a blackberry curve and the only thing I use it for is to check facebook but looking at my previous months usage I apparently use a lot of data doing this... if i connect my blackberry to my home wifi account will I be charged for looking on facebook? I am not sure about the whole data thing and am hoping that my bill isn't going to be worse 😞 any input is appreciated

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello Jaimie, If you connect your phone to your home wifi, you wont be charge for Data usage. How much data are you using right now?
Userlevel 6
You never had free unlimited data with any plan as Erwin pointed out. Unless you used wi-fi, but switching plans doesn't change that.
Thanks for the replies, March 15, 2013 - April 14, 2013 Data usage summary Service type Count Measure Amount Data Usage 207.98 Megabyte (Data Volume) $0.00 Total $0.00 my previous month before this was 98. I never had it connected to my wi-fi previously and i wasn't being charged, even when i wasn't at home and i went on facebook. i am going to connect to my wifi now, but i guess now i will be charged if using it not at home?
Userlevel 6
Jaimie May wrote:

Thanks for the replies, March 15, 2013 - April 14, 2013 Data usage summary Service type C...

If you are getting charged that means that you are NOT on wi-fi. No matter whether you are at home or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB social does give you unlimited data for social media.0
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

BB social does give you unlimited data for social media.0

does it? OMG THANK GOODNESS! thank you!