Koodo Community

Community

Stop charging for SIM cards

Userlevel 1
Stop charging for SIM cards when getting a new phone... the phones dont work properly without one!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
The cost is quite minimal. In many cases you are also able to keep your current SIM card as most phones now use the nano SIM size. Don't expect Koodo to ever stop charging for them. They like our money too much.
Userlevel 7
I think SIM cards should be provided for free with a new device, like Rogers/Fido do. You should only have to pay for them if you're doing a new BYOD activation or replacing your phone with a model not purchased from Koodo that requires a different size.
Userlevel 4
I've never been charged more than $1 for a SIM card anywhere in the world except Canada.  Some places, you get charged $10, but get $9 of credit on your account.

Charging for SIMs is obscene.

That said, I don't think Koodo charged me for mine when I signed up.
Userlevel 5
$5 for post paid phones, $25 for pre-paid, not a lot. if buying a new pre-paid phone it comes with one
Userlevel 4
Daniel Hryb wrote:

$5 for post paid phones, $25 for pre-paid, not a lot. if buying a new pre-paid phone it comes wit...

It is a lot.  $24 too much.  How much do you think it costs them to make a SIM?  is it 5c or do think imaybe it's 10?

They shouldn't be charging you to charge you.  They should be paying you to take it 🙂