Stolen Phone

• 10 December 2012
  • 11 replies

What can I do if my phone was stolen?

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First off immediately log into self serve and report it stolen so you won't be responsible for the theifs bill. Youll need a new phone abd simcard too. You'll be responsible to buy those but you can use tab credits for the phone.
Userlevel 5
Go to your Self Serve account and click the "Lost/Stolen Phone" so you can suspend it's service. Then I recommend calling Koodo's Customer Service and trying to sort out something that could help you. (Ex: Reset tab to zero)
Userlevel 6
If it's an Android try remotely installing "Plan B" from the Google Play Store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you know the phone was stolen and not just misplaced you should ask customer service to flag the imei as stolen too. Probably won't help get the phone back, but it will make sure nobody else can use it, even with a different sim card.
Userlevel 1
If you know the phone was stolen and not just misplaced you should ask customer service to flag t...The imei can only be banned on Koodo but I hear the providers are trying to setup a national data base so the stolen phone can't be used on any Canadian provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Next phone you get you should install an app that can track the phone through gps. Then you can catch the thief red handed. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 7
Client came in with his daughter who had her phone stolen... she had -117 Tab. Unfortunately, Mobile Shop's RQ 4 is not setup to do exact Tab amounts, only increments of $50 in the negative Tab range and increments of $25 in the positive Tab range. So they would essentially have to pay full price for the phone. I made a suggestion: call them up and see what happens. Nothing to lose, right? He has 3 lines with Koodo so there's some loyalty. Quick phone call to client care from my kiosk and they wiped her Tab so they wouldn't have to pay for it upfront. Galaxy Ace II x in white sale for me and client didn't have to shell out $150 + tax. Everyone wins! Yes, freeze the account first. Then call them up and see what they'll do. Can't hurt.
Client came in with his daughter who had her phone stolen... she had -117 Tab. Unfortunately, Mob...Wow. So are they going to Bill that 117 they wiped at a later date, our is it gone for good?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Client came in with his daughter who had her phone stolen... she had -117 Tab. Unfortunately, Mob...Once the tab is wiped it's gone, unless the customer then decides to cancel within 6 months without replacing the phone.
Userlevel 7
Client came in with his daughter who had her phone stolen... she had -117 Tab. Unfortunately, Mob...Oooh, there's a stipulation. Good to know.
Userlevel 5
Client came in with his daughter who had her phone stolen... she had -117 Tab. Unfortunately, Mob...I definitely recommend people calling Koodo because you never know what they will offer you! I had issues with my phone and they took off $75 off my tab so I could receive a refurbished device and it's been great! I was stuck with a Blackberry with limited access and now I have an Android (low/mid-end) but hey, it's better than before! Koodo wasn't voted 1st for customer service in Canada for nothing.