Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sim card price prepad

I have a black berry 8530 with Koodo. How much would it be to purchase a sim card for it for prepaid?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
$20 but it comes with $20 credit for use towards base plan or boosters. so basically but works out to be free 🙂
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

$20 but it comes with $20 credit for use towards base plan or boosters. so basically but works ou...

Post paid card is $10, why wont they give free as prepaid customers get.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$20 but it comes with $20 credit for use towards base plan or boosters. so basically but works ou...

PD, the prepaid SIM card is $20. But only as a perk to new customers - if you activate it on a new account - they give you a bit of credit. When I purchased mine, the SIM only cost $10 and I got $50 in credit, but Koodo stopped that within the first week I think 🙂

Hi Sophia, my prepaid sim card was broken by itself, never remove it before it stopped work. So I plan to buy a new sim card, but as you know, its cost 20$, it really too much compare to the monthly plan one's. So is there any credit availabe now to add to a exsit prepaid account? Thanks
Badge +4

Hi Trence, I would say you're out of luck for any sort of credit as an existing customer, though it wouldn't hurt to ask when you visit the kiosk. A possible alternative, read Sophia's post at the bottom of the page, (link below). https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/micro_sim_cost
So i go to koodo and get the sim card for $20 and it right away has $20 balance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Glossy wrote:

So i go to koodo and get the sim card for $20 and it right away has $20 balance?

Ya but as Timo said I guess that model of phone doesn't take a SIM Card, it's a CDMA device and won't work on prepaid. Again great catch Timo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that the bb 8530 is a CDMA phone, does not take a sim card and therefore cannot be used on prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that the bb 8530 is a CDMA phone, does not take a sim ...

I didn't know that I just thought because they asked how much a SIM Card was that it took a SIM Card, great catch Timo
So i would need to get a plan? I only want it for texting mostly. Most of my friends have a blackberry so i can use BBM once i get it connected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Glossy wrote:

So i would need to get a plan? I only want it for texting mostly. Most of my friends have a black...

Unless you decide to get a new phone with your prepaid plan... there are some very nice BB's right now for a good price 🙂 Edit: oops, spoke too soon... the only one available on Prepaid is the Z10 and I am not sure if you are prepared to pay that amount of money... https://shop.koodomobile.com/prepaid/blackberry/c99999910-cBlackBerryPrepaid-p0.html