Koodo Community
Question

sim card

• 31 December 2013
  • 19 replies

Anyone know if numbers can be taken from main phone to sim card thanks also what is max on sd card?

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Phone numbers are backed up to the email address you enter into the phone, not the sim card.
TY
Badge +4
You can store up to 250 phone numbers on a SIM card, some newer SIM cards claim 252 as the maximum number. (BB Z10) Copy contacts to and from your SIM card http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1334162523496.jsp
Userlevel 6
Hi Rodney, As rikkster stated above, you can manually back up your phonebooks up to 250 contacts to your sim card by going to your settings (in an iPhone) and through settings in the Contacts app (in Android).
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say yes.
thanks to replys anyhow
Userlevel 6
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say y...So sorry Rodney, were not here to confuse you. Lets start with these questions: What kind of phone do you have (iphone, android, flip phone)? Do you have an e-mail address set up on your phone?
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say y...1st off I have a Iphone 4 S I was told it cant allow me to save to contacts to sim. I now have BB Z10 and takes SD card and SIM. I just got up graded to Z10 BB
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say y...and I was told not to save contacts to sim card if my card is stolen they can get access to it as well.
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say y...I have had my BB on my pc before it put alot of my face book contacts on it as well I dont want this how do I get rid of them?
Badge +4
Please make up mind I am getting confused here Myke says no only by email address and u two say y...You can enter a password for the SIM card to prevent unauthorized access. As for the Facebook contacts, you can delete contacts through Blackberry Link. Look in the left pane under Contacts/Calendar.
Badge +4
For as long as I've owned cell phones equipped with SIM cards, there has always been a way to save phone numbers to a SIM card. Just about every device out there today has the ability to import/export phone numbers to and from a SIM card. What Myke is referring to, is that if you sync contacts with, for example, a Gmail account and your device, the contact information is stored within your Gmail account. Storing contacts on SIM cards is ok, but it is limited to the amount of storage available. Whereas storing contacts through a Gmail account could allow you to store up to 25,000 contacts. It's really a matter of personal preference. Some find that by storing contacts on a SIM card allows for greater security as opposed to having numbers stored online. I haven't encountered any issue with either method, so again, it's really just a matter of personal preference. Another advantage of having contact information stored online is less wear and tear on the SIM card. Instead of removing the SIM card and putting it into a new device (possibly running the risk of damaging the SIM card) to extract or load all the contact numbers, it's now simply a matter of signing into your Gmail account and syncing the new device - this can be done over Wi-Fi, without a SIM card installed.
Userlevel 2
For as long as I've owned cell phones equipped with SIM cards, there has always been a way to sav...The issue is, most phones today do not offer said option. Thus it is far easier to do it via email than sim card.
Badge +4
For as long as I've owned cell phones equipped with SIM cards, there has always been a way to sav...Not sure what you mean Myke. My Moto G and BB Z10 have the option, so does every other device Koodo sells. You won't find the SIM import/export option in the main Settings menu because the option is located in Contacts. On Android devices, there is a settings menu that is accessible from within the Contacts application and that's where you'll find said option. The reason is that the email method has become a lot more popular and fewer people know about the SIM card method of importing and exporting contact numbers. A SIM card's limited storage capacity could be another possible factor.
thanks so much
I have not had to remove sim card except for from Nexus 4 to BB Z10 2 weeks ago
so U dont suggest me to use sim card for contacts correct
Badge +4
so U dont suggest me to use sim card for contacts correct Swapping out SIM cards is kind of the old school way of doing things, you can still use the SIM backup method as an alternative for when you don't have an internet connection and can't sync or backup contact info. You're using two devices that will integrate seamlessly with most email clients out there e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Syncing contact info via your email account takes less time, is secure and you won't have to worry about swapping out SIM cards. The decision is ultimately yours and what works best for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rodney just to let you know, you can edit your comments if you want to add to them by tapping the comment and then the edit icon that shows up. This is preferred greatly to adding multiple comments as many of us who help out here have threads connected to our email and get a notification for every single message / comment you post in a thread. If you could try to edit your comments it would be greatly appreciated by all, Thanks man and have a great day 🙂