Koodo Community
Question

Shouldn't of bought a Blackberry. Here's why!

• 23 November 2013
  • 21 replies

My Blackberry Q5 regular text messaging won't work! This is my second one in 2 weeks that does the same thing! They said that a software update might fix it, well we updated it worked for a while but this morning wasn't working again! So frustrating they also said that maybe a phone number change would fix it but I don't want to change my number if it's not going to work! Please advise.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you getting some sort of error message when you try to text? Did you port your number in from another carrier?
I can recieve the text but it doesn't alert me and i wouldn't know I had on unless I went on it to check! It will show in my hub the last message would have been from the day before but when I click on it it will show me anything new! Not very good when alot of my contacts don't use BBM so I'm not getting any of my messages! And no my number is koodo had it for 3 years!
Userlevel 7
I think you just have the notifications for texts as silent. Go to settings and then your sound profiles to see if you have notifications setup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think you just have the notifications for texts as silent. Go to settings and then your sound p...I was typing and adding photos! Lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay. Some things to check, Are you in a profile that allows for notifications? SETTINGS....NOTIFICATIONS

I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 identical phones bought 1 week apart, 1 works perfectly and the other like this and it's the 2nd one! The first on even stopped working all together that's why they gave us a second one, but it's doing the same thing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Have you done a restore of the factory software via BlackBerry Link?
Userlevel 2
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Backup your phone with Blackberry Link. Download and unzip. Run the autoloader. https://mega.co.nz/#!Tg4yAaYI!NXWjoj6ZTt02beum3sSPWlRXHrZ7m_w_cbDZPbgc68M Restore from Blackberry Link. 10.2.1.1055
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Yes been there done that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Keep in mind that's a leak version of the firmware.
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...What do you mean? It's not the proper update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...What Mattjs posted is a leak of an upcoming update. It's made by BlackBerry and will probably work but it's a leak so there may be bugs or unexpected results. If you're okay with that, you can install it. It's reversible. If you're not okay with it use link to restore your devices firmware to the current official version. Mattjs and I are both running that leak and it's stable enough but there are little quirks. Maybe your Mobile Shop got a bad batch, perhaps bring it back to them and ask them to get you another one from another store.
Userlevel 2
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...10.2.1.1055 is the newest firmware that is available. However, it is 'leaked'. Meaning it has not officially been tested, and as of yet, has not been pushed to devices from Koodo (or any carrier for that matter). Having said that, it is a fantastic update, provides many new features and improved functionality, and is absolutely compatible. I use it myself. I believe Chad does as well.
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Maybe they did get a bad batch but the phones weren't from here because they were out so they did get them from other stores! The Manager was at meetings last week and brought my problem up and none of them has ever heard of it from anybody else! Thanks for all of you help and advice 🙂
Badge +4
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...I think I'm going to pass on this latest leak. While the pros outweigh the cons in terms of this being a feature packed build, issues with Bluetooth, Wi-fi and the inability to receive MMS messages, short of performing a manual workaround, are prompting me to wait until the next leak where hopefully they've worked out some of these bugs. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/leaked-os-10-2-1-1055-list-features-bugs-fixes-873158/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...I've not had wifi or bluetooth issues. I don't really do mms, I do whatsapp.
Userlevel 2
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...I don't have bluetooth or wifi issues either. I do however have the MMS bug (easy to get around with IM apps), and the facebook bug (unable to open messages via hub - fixable by sideloading alother version of facebook).
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...We went on a Blackberry site and lots of people were having the same type of issues! They said to go to accounts, settings, facebook, turn off everything except notifications then restart the phone! It has been working so far will see if it lasts overnight!
Userlevel 7
I had taken it to the mobile shop where I purchased it and all the settings are right! We have 2 ...Wow so I guess it's a common thing with the Q5. Good to know! Glad that your phone is working again. Lets hope it stays that way
Userlevel 7
Having 2 DOAs in a row is ridiculous and highly improbable. There has to be something else we're missing here...
Userlevel 2
Having 2 DOAs in a row is ridiculous and highly improbable. There has to be something else we're ...It's actually possible. I've seen it happen with some models. It is bad luck, but definitely possible.