Koodo Community

Community

Short online courses

Userlevel 4
You guys are great and quite knowledgeable. On the other hand you reply over and over to the almost same questions and that must be boring. Why don't you post a short course on different matters like, this come first to my mind because I am guilty too, about frequency and bands, how  to figure out bands referred to frequency, how to find out if a phone would work based on the phone characteristics (frequencies)  on the Koodo network, differences between 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc. This would help quite a lot.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Best way to learn is to google a question someone asks and try and find the answer.
If you cant find it, bookmark the thread and see what the correct answer is when someone does get back to the poster.
I would identify as someone who knows a lot about this stuff but I learn stuff all the time just by watching these threads come and go and soaking up as much info as I can.
🙂
Userlevel 7
I like your idea Tiz! Could also be a lot more helpful than reading text all the time and good reference material. I would actually enjoy making some videos. 
Userlevel 4
Mathieu wrote:

I like your idea Tiz! Could also be a lot more helpful than reading text all the time and good re...

Good man. I am looking forward to that. Please let us (the whole community) know when this will be availabe. Thank you for your availability and good will.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Like someone at the community says : people don't read the things that are already available. You would be surprised how many people ask the gs that are in the FAQ
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

Like someone at the community says : people don't read the things that are already available. You...

Thank you for your suggestion. Although in the FAQ I found information pertinent to my desire to learn about phones, network, systems, frequencies, etc., I, for one, never found references to frequencies related to bands. How do they fit together, often you guys make reference to frequencies and than you start taking about bands in the same contest. Unfortunately the relation between bands and frequencies seems to be not clear for most of the people in the audience. Anyway to make this short, I found a website, 3gstore.com, that supplies a huge amount of information on the subject at hand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a good idea, but what you're proposing is rather time-consuming and I'm not certain that a lot of people will use it. I teach an undergraduate class and get questions on stuff that I've already explained several times. People want to be personally reassured.
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

It's a good idea, but what you're proposing is rather time-consuming and I'm not certain that a l...

I understand the "time consuming" part. Also repeating the same answer over and over is extremely time consuming. It would be easier to make reference to a course, lesson, article with a more detailed explanation and solution of the problem. I have been a teacher too, at university level in Europe. Reassurance is for kids, adults should not need reassurance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check out YouTube for videos explaining anything and everything
Userlevel 4
Done it. You can find some information but not everything.
Userlevel 2
Big problem would be the fact Koodo doesnt offer Windows Phones so not much point in them doing videos for them. Then you gotta figure the amount of people here with in depth experience with them is pretty scant, they have like 1% of the market. Also consistency with Windows phones is a myth, especially with the 10s. As a yet unfinished operating system (released but still very much a beta) over the next year it will undergo vast changes which will make many videos obsolete. And one cant forget that even M$ cant be bothered to help people, give support etc, just look at the official forums they blatantly ignore massive bugs and try to dump it on the users even when its confirmed.

Just saying 🙂

If you have specific questions about an 8/8.1 ask and most likely I can help you, if you have a 10 sorry havent used/owned one yet.
Userlevel 4
Windows phones represent a fraction of the presence in the market of smartphones and, for this reason, at least for the moment they are negligible. Android is the big fact of the market and focus has to be made on Android. May be in the future someone could produce a "short course" on Windows and iPhone.
Userlevel 2
Tiz wrote:

Windows phones represent a fraction of the presence in the market of smartphones and, for this re...

Yeah I kinda already said that lol. Thats the problem with mirroring a topic across multiple categories. I was responding specifically to the Windows category post, wasnt aware at the time you had it in Iphone and Android too.

I can understand tuts for those phones, but Windows, nah, no Canadian carrier is even gonna carry the W10 phones. And I wont buy one until the OS is stable and the phones have shown they have the same AK47 build quality the Nokia Lumias had and M$ ditches all the W10 spyware.