Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sending text-only messages as MMS to one specific person only

My boyfriend and I (share an account) both recently purchased unlocked Blackberry Z10s from a third party. He works out of town in an area with limited LTE service. When I text me, it says that I am sending in MMS mode, even though it is purely text messages with no multimedia. When I text other people, it sends as SMS, like normal. He can't receive MMS because of some issue with the network where he's living/working. We didn't have this problem when I was using Android. Help!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Open text messaging app Tap the three dots on the bottom right Tap settings Tap text messages Tap advanced Make sure that send text only messages as: is set to sms

Userlevel 7
Hmm how long of a text are u sending?
Userlevel 7
Instead of texting to the contact in your address book, what happens if you text the number by entering it?
Userlevel 4
Abit of a head scratcher. While it's not a definitive solution to your problem, have you both considered using BBM to talk to each other?
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

Abit of a head scratcher. While it's not a definitive solution to your problem, have you both con...

I think she's inadvertently texting an email address.
Ry wrote:

Abit of a head scratcher. While it's not a definitive solution to your problem, have you both con...

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I've only switched between Android phones, so I'm used to my contacts updating automatically to my new phone. Turns out that I was texting his email. Problem solved, thanks for all the help! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

I'm thrilled we were able to help! Enjoy your Z10's