Koodo Community

Sell Unlocked Phones

• 3 April 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Be the first carrier in Canada to sell unlocked phones by default. No more hassel of having phones pre-locked to koodo. No more hassel and service charges for customers who have to pay $50 to unlock a phone they already own. If you promote being able to bring an unlocked phone over to Koodo, I think you should off unlocked phones for sale too. Lead the way Koodo!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can do the same thing for the people who sign a contract and screw off or cancel their right...If anything it would be nice if there was a chain of stores that sold unlocked. Cell phones so we don't have to rely on the carriers. Online is not always the most trustworthy option
They can do the same thing for the people who sign a contract and screw off or cancel their right...You do have to buy it out right on prepaid that is my bad, i am on your side for this one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can do the same thing for the people who sign a contract and screw off or cancel their right...Nothing wrong with healthy discussion. If they did buy the phone (paid for it all) I see no reason why any phone owner shouldnt be allowed to walk to the next provider. If they are on a contract, Koodo just bills them for the remaining subsidy on the phone. Just like when you leave Koodo now, you have to pay the remainder of your tab. In that case, since I own the phone, shouldn't I have the right to use it with any provider I choose? Considering, Koodo promotes customers to bring their unlocked phones over to Koodo. Also I thought with pre-paid you had to buy your phone out right to use it
They can do the same thing for the people who sign a contract and screw off or cancel their right...only thing right now is they still have a locked koodo phone so not much they can do with the phone, but if its unlocked they can walk into the next provider. If they did prepaid it doesnt affect their credit. Sorry if i came across the wrong way, wasnt trying to knock your idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can do the same thing for the people who sign a contract and screw off or cancel their right now. I think they need proper ID and it affects their credit in the future
Sounds great, too bad there are tons of people that would abuse it. (sign a contract and screw off)