Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Receiving text messages late or not at all?

Hi. I'm currently texting some people and one of the individuals is receiving my texts but I'm getting theirs around 15 minutes later or not at all. Is there anything I can do?

28 replies

15 minutes is normal as it can take up to 20 to receive the message. If it gets to the point where you aren't receiving any, try doing a battery pull first to see if that fixes it. If not, call Koodo *611 Option 6.
But I was receiving them within minutes up until now for over a year. Suddenly its taking longer?
As I said, it CAN take up to 20 minutes. Most of the time it's usually within a minute or two. Sometimes there's a lot of network traffic and it takes a bit longer. This is completely normal as text messages aren't instant.
Alright thank you, I hope it gets better over time. I have tried taking out the battery/sim but that doesn't seem to be working either
Yeah problem has not been solved When I restart the phone +sim it works for a few minutes and then the problem starts again. Now I am not receiving texts at allTwo friends have the same issue as well. They have koodo and so far we've noticed its an issue with texting people with other carriers.
I got the same problem, ppl receive my text messages but when they answer me I can receive their texts over an hour later. All the time stamps are good though. A friend made a test yesterday sent 10 messages in a row with numbers. I receiver 1, 3, 4, 6 and 8 - 12 minutes late. 2, 5, 7, 9, 10 25 minutes later When I look into the history, they appear all in order, 1 to 10 It first was once in a while but I got this trouble now many times a day. It is really ennoying. I tried removing some apps, removing the battery, went to koodo store, they changed my sim card, I called technical support where I spoke to a guy that wasn't too supportive and told me to send my phone to repair. I got a bigger courtesy phone from the store where they inserted my sim and SD card. Received some texts message over an hour late this afterood. My guess : it had nothing to do with my phone!
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

I got the same problem, ppl receive my text messages but when they answer me I can receive their ...

I'm having the same problem...
I just can't rely on Koodo, nor Telus for timely delivery of text message. Sometimes I'll receive replies all at once the next morning.

It's ridiculous - they'll blame your phone etc. Meanwhile, they know full well it's their service and refuse to admit or prove otherwise, lest they suffer a lawsuit. 
Userlevel 3
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

I got the same problem, ppl receive my text messages but when they answer me I can receive their ...

Hello Jason,

Have you been in contact with out technical support team? Give them a call at toll-free 1-866-995-6636 (option 6) from another line and, if it's a network problem, my colleagues will be able to further assist you.

Please keep us posted!
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Mine is just being ridiculous lately. At first it was a few minutes. Then it was that ny incoming phone calls go straight to voice-mail and now my texts are coming in 8 hours after the sender sent them out.

Userlevel 6
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Thanks for the photo evidence. 😛
What kind of phone are you using?
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Same thing here...  Texts coming in 12-18 hours late!!!!  Every reboot of the phone I get 1 message!
Userlevel 6
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Hey guys!  Sounds strange since we haven't been receiving any reports of any network issues recently.  Have you recently switched from an iPhone to android?  Has this been happening with all contacts of specific ones?  Keep us posted 🙂
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

same issue as everyone else.... I am missing tons of text messages. Since this is my personal and company phone it is unacceptable as I am pissing off business associates when they think I am ignoring them. In reality I just don't receive the texts at all. The koodo representatives are a little pompous saying that no one has ever complained of this and that I am the only one, offering no solution. In reality I think we just need to cancel and go with a more reliable cell phone company.
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Obviously the issue is with their network, they don't send through all texts to your phone, however, they inform the sender that the text was delivered. This is a huge issue as people think you are ignoring them. There is no attempt of Koodo to deliver your message at a later date or time. This is a deal breaker with me, I will not use this service ever again.
Userlevel 6
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Hey Andrew! Mind contacting us over the phone or sending us a private message via Facebook/Twitter for us take a look at the settings of your account? We would be more than happy to assist you further.  Thank you! 
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Purchased 10 day US Voice and Text. Was confirmed.
VOICE WOULD NOT WORK at all! Instructions that I copied said to call *611, it did not work (and still doesn't), Instantly hangs up!

Texts To travelling companion took AGES, or HOURs to send, if at all, some were received quickly. The only reason i got the service was so we could find each other while on the California coast. But when passing an oil rig/freighter out at sea, I received texts from Canada, and a phone message notification (that still won't dial or remove). I didn't expect to receive anything while offshore. 

This horrible website shows that I've had 'International' for 3 months (that I didn't order, or need), but doesn't appear to be billed, and neither does the one I ordered this month! Actually doesn't show this month, just the last bill. 
I came on here to get a refund, or find a decent explanation. Why pay extra while away, if not using any of my home features. Plus what was needed, was not delivered. 

What a horrible waste of time this so-called SERVICE is! Where is the service part? We are all just mumbling amongst ourselves. 

KathleenMcDuff wrote:

Was 3G enabled and carrier was set to Automatic.. Voice worked until I left the country.
Was only able to RECEIVE voice after arrival home. Had to reboot the phone to send calls after arriving home. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KathleenMcDuff wrote:

You have a conversation going here, Chipmunk: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/what-is-1-800-number-to-koodo-to-talk-to-live-operato... 

Since this particular discussion is over 3 years old, please confine yourself to that one, thanks 🙂
My phone has done this since I got it in July this year. Periodically does it. Why? I miss calls and receive texts up to 12 hrs from when they are sent and the time stamp on the texts shows correct time some ones sent it. I'm self employed and IF someone calls but doesn't leave a message during one of these "episodes of improper function" but don't leave a voicemail...I have no way to know they called. It doesn't show missed call. Only if they left a voice mail or they tell me themselves they callled. How silly do I look having clients tell me they called and I'm just like oh you did?? I need this fixed. Has anyone had the issue resolved yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Dew wrote:

My phone has done this since I got it in July this year. Periodically does it. Why? I miss calls ...

Missed call notifications and late texts are two completely different issues. You might be wise to start a new thread outlining your experience(s) so it gets greater attention from the community.

Lisa Dew wrote:

My phone has done this since I got it in July this year. Periodically does it. Why? I miss calls ...

ME TOO! very frustrating. This is the second Samsung we got from Koodo, previous was even worse. I am SO done with Koodo, can't wait to pay off my Tab and bolt to another carrier. Dude at the Koodo kiosk was a total jerk, rude, condescending, & unhelpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Dew wrote:

Phil, could you create a new thread and post some more information with it? We would love to help you out here and get everything fixed.
Lisa Dew wrote:

David. My issue isn't two seperate things it happens at the same time.
Lisa Dew wrote:

I just signed up for Koodo last week. Haven't been receiving text messages from a few people only. Very displeased, very mad that I switched phone carriers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Dew wrote:

To quote Allan above: "could you create a new thread and post some more information with it? We would love to help you out here and get everything fixed."