Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Questionable charges (Application charge?)

If I am being billed by third parties for anything we as the customer should have the right to know the source the company and what service we are being charged for .

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Could you describe the charge in more detail? What type of device are you using? Have you seen this charge more than once?
I was billed for a Application Purchase I was told it may have been from downloading an app. I am not asking for a reason why I was charged for this I wont Koodo and perhaps all the phone companies to be able to tell me the source on the third party charge. That way I will know the service I am paying for and for any reason I never did use these services I would be able to dispute the charge . I have a BlackBerry Curve. This is the first time I have had this charge and I don't download anything on my phone. Thank you
Userlevel 5
Roy F wrote:

I was billed for a Application Purchase I was told it may have been from downloading an app. I a...

You were charged from a purchase at the application store for your phone's OS? And you haven't bought anything though? That's not from Koodos end then. You have to contact Blackberry's App store and see if you can get a refund/dispute the charge. Koodo is not in charge of what applications you download or buy. Also, if you are being billed for strange things such as premium text messages, it's actually not Koodo's responsibility. You have signed up for a service and you will get charged for those so it's your responsibility that you cancel those services that you do not want.
Userlevel 4
Roy F wrote:

I was billed for a Application Purchase I was told it may have been from downloading an app. I a...

Indeed, as John Lee says, I believe Koodo has (had? is about to eliminate?) a carrier billing agreement with Blackberry so that purchases through Blackberry's app store could be billed to the carrier's bill. In such a situation it would be up to Blackberry. That being said, it may be worth contacting Koodo support for clarification. They could confirm it came from Blackberry in which case you could contact Blackberry for a refund, if applicable. It is puzzling, since you claim you never downloaded an application. Is it possible someone had access to your phone without full supervision (such as a child?), or that you yourself may have inadvertently downloaded an application? Contacting Koodo, then Blackberry, could clear this up.
Userlevel 1
Roy F wrote:

Even android some apps have in app purchases option you have to watch carefully to make sure your not acidentally chargred for a purchase you didn't intend to make
Userlevel 4
Roy F wrote:

I could be wrong... but my searching suggested that Koodo does not have a carrier billing arrangement with the Google Play store. This means any (in-app or otherwise) purchase made on the Play store could only be charged to a credit card. Koodo did, however, have a carrier billing arrangement with Blackberry World, at least for a while, so the fact that the original poster has a Blackberry device makes me think it is likely related to this.