Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question regarding on Telus Prepaid Blackberry on Koodo Prepaid service

Hey all! How are you guys and girl all doing? As the tittle stated, I recently got a Telus Prepaid Blackberry Curve 9320, and surprise that found out I can not receive e-mail on it (Call tech support and tried 20 times setting it up via the phone e-mail setup). Anyway I was wondering: Question 1: If I get a koodo sim, then put data and just text on it, do you think I will be able to set up the e-mail? My thinking is it should not work because Koodo prepaid service should be the same as the Telus... Question 2: Do you think I can do an actual $30 plan plus flex data and be able to use it then? If both question 1 and 2 will not work, Question 3: Is there a way I can work around it? The ability to receive e-mail could really benefit my new small business. I mean at the end of the day, if all that don't work out, I can always sign up with a tap and get a new cheap blackberry. I do currently own a LG G2, so i can get e-mail on that and do all the fancy stuff on that, but this blackberry was purchase for the purpose of my business. So if i can separate them, it will be prefect. Question 4: do you guys know if i get an unlocked BB say... 9900 or even Q5, do you guys think I can use my prepaid telus to get e-mail? At the end of the day, receiving e-mail is just like using data... why can't telus let me do that!!!!
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 3 December 2013, 02:34

With koodo, prepaid data will not function on a BlackBerry other than BlackBerry 10 devices So the Q5 would work as would a Z10 on prepaid data The 9xxx series would not work on prepaid data If you took a postpaid plan (make sure to choose blackberry when choosing the plan) your current blackberry device would work.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
With koodo, prepaid data will not function on a BlackBerry other than BlackBerry 10 devices So the Q5 would work as would a Z10 on prepaid data The 9xxx series would not work on prepaid data If you took a postpaid plan (make sure to choose blackberry when choosing the plan) your current blackberry device would work.