Koodo Community

Community

Promotions for Long-time Customers

Hi, I have been a customer of Koodo for three years now and I niticed all the promotiins are for new sign up only. When you had the iPhone 4 sale I was so excited to go out anf buy one just to find out i have to pay double for it because I am not "new". (Not only that it was apperently on sale?) I think you need to really show excisting customers that you care and that the customers you have are just as important as the ones you are trying to reel in. I hope you actually take my comment into account and I'm looking forward to the changes you have made on behalf of your customers "new" or not. Thank you. 🙂 -Lauren

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lauren, Thanks for your idea, I'm sure Koodo loves 'm all 🙂 I'm actually unclear what you mean though, because the beauty of Koodo is that [i]everybody can benefit from their promotions... not only new people. You can switch your plan every month for free, and you can purchase any phone that is currently on sale - if not on the Tab, then outright. If you are talking about the Tab itself, it is true that there are limits to that but that has nothing to do with being able to benefit from a promotion... that is just to limit the amount of "debt" you need to pay off. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding - or if I misunderstood what you are asking for, please correct me! Once again thanks for your idea, keep 'm coming! 😃
Userlevel 5
There were also new promotional plans during the Christmas season as well as early this year. I understand that you want some "existing customers" promotions and deals which would be great.
Userlevel 6
John Lee wrote:

There were also new promotional plans during the Christmas season as well as early this year. I u...

Double minutes, double data is back. Koodo just matched again. 🙂
Userlevel 6
I don't quite follow it either. When koodo has a phone on sale new and existing customers can equally buy it for the same price. They had what they called a double double promotion and everyone could get it not just new customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There were.gift cards promo which was new activation only at Koodo store, futureshop, walmart,,, Honestly, I wanted.gift card for upgrade my phone, haha the other promo like dbl min and/or dbl data were for both new and excisting customers to enjoy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

There were.gift cards promo which was new activation only at Koodo store, futureshop, walmart,,, ...

Oh good for you Ken, I never even thought about the.gift cards! Yes that would a perk only available to new customers - one star for you 😃
Userlevel 2
I don't understand the confusion here. The OP is asking if Koodo has promotions that are exclusive for long term customers. The answer is no. When Koodo puts a handset on general sale, or offers a limited time promotional plan, they are completely inclusive, anybody can take advantage of them, which isn't what the OP is asking about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think Lauren is suggesting about Promotions for Long-time Customers because she saw the promotions which were for new sign up only. This is under the “Idea” topic and similar suggestions are up many times here. It might not happen now but it would be nice if “existing customers” promotions happen in the future 🙂
Userlevel 3
What about extra minutes or something? So you could have an extra 50mb of data for each year you have been with Koodo or an extra 20 minutes of calling for each year (choose one, not both). Of course it could be indexed to your plan so you get a more for a $60 plan then with $20. Prepaid could have one time boosters while monthly could have more limited perks that renew monthly. I'm not really a business person so I don't know if something like this is viable. It would be to balance out the "new is special" problem. Maybe the amount of data or minutes would have to be lower to make a go of it? Sure would be nice to be able to apply the perks to a second line on the same account (meaning more revenue for Koodo). So the idea would be to sign my spouse up for a new voice line because I could use the perk data on that line. That might be reasonable especially if you don't already use all of your minutes or data every month. If the spouse gets used to using data then they may pay for a little more data (meaning more revenue for Koodo).
Userlevel 6
Moonmack wrote:

What about extra minutes or something? So you could have an extra 50mb of data for each year you...

They already have the tab. The longer you are with them the more they discount your next phone. Isn't that a perk? I'm not sure they would do both. The tab and added minutes.
Userlevel 3
Moonmack wrote:

What about extra minutes or something? So you could have an extra 50mb of data for each year you...

The tab is definitely nice but it is available to both new and existing customers whereas the.gift cards were only for new customers. My preference would be to give the.gift cards to existing customers too if they buy the corresponding phone ... but I'm not sure that will happen ... hence the other suggestions. I'm of the opinion for less tab if it would reduce the price of the monthly plan so it's nice Koodo introduced this option recently (10% off your bill but only with a non-negative tab).