Koodo Community
Question

problem receiving pictures in a text

Why does my phone not receive pictures but instead gives me a website to go to (koodomobile.com/bb) which leads to nothing. How can I receive these picture?

91 replies

Hi Kateri, You may not have MMS (picture messaging) set up for your phone. Either the phone does not have the capability or it's not provisioned on Koodo's system.
Userlevel 6
Hi Kateri, Data must be enabled on your phone in order to receive and send picture messages. What model of phone do you have?
i have data and do not receive photos, and the links are empty too. i have a curve
i have data and do not receive photos, and the links are empty too. i have a curveif it's a BB Curve 8530 the picture messages will not work, that's due to the tecnology used in this model was not compattible
Userlevel 5
i have data and do not receive photos, and the links are empty too. i have a curveSerge keep in mind Jenna posted this 8 months ago. She is likely not looking for help anymore.
Userlevel 1
CDMA BB curve does not have picture messaging capabilities - so you cannot send/receive picture messaging even if you have unlimited SMS/MMS and data enabled. 3G BB phones with SIM's can send receive picture messaging if: 1. there is unlimited text messaging addons 2. have data plan addons 3. Data been enabled on your BB phone with correct APN if phone is unlocked
you may not have Pic/Video messaging enable on your plan
Pic/video messaging is part of my plan,but for me to be able to retrieve or send them, I have to turn my data on (Samsung galaxy ace)
how do u turn data on this type of phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how do u turn data on this type of phone? Turn on or turn off data service or set roaming options Depending on your wireless service plan, you might be able to turn off data service (email messages, PIN messages, MMS messages, and browser service) on your BlackBerry®️ device so that only phone and SMS text messaging are available. You can also set your device to turn off data services when roaming. For more information, contact your wireless service provider. On the Home screen, click the Manage Connections icon. Click Mobile Network Options. Perform one of the following actions: To turn on or turn off data service, change the Data Services field. To turn on or turn off data service when roaming, change the While Roaming field. To receive a prompt when roaming that allows you to turn on or turn off data service, change the While Roaming field to Prompt. Press the Menu key. Click Save.
I have the kinda the same problem I can not send or recive picture messages when I have unlimited pic/txt on my plan it only recently started not to work.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone Chris?
LG Banter also wont read the memory card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The banter is an aging finicky phone. Delete your old sent messages. Then send a picture to yourself Chris
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data block but I don't want to pay for pay-per-use data on my plan.. ):
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...@Grace. That is exactly why (data block) but did you know you can change some of the settings in that phone and it will only use the data connection for picture messages? You'd have to unblock data to use it but it does work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...USING YOUR DATA ONLY FOR PICTURE MESSAGING (MMS) Brought to you by: The Koodo Mobile Masters with special thanks to Kid Android and Timo Tuokkola. Can you send regular text messages but not picture messages? SIM CARD BASED phones require a data connection in order to send picture messages. So if you, have data turned off or blocked these messages won't go through. "But wait" you say "My plan includes unlimited text and picture messaging and I want to use it but I don't want data because I feel it's too expensive (or whatever)". The Mobile Masters have your solution below. -=- FOR ANDROID DEVICES -=- (for iphone 3GS see Note 2) STEP 1: -=- Navigate to your current messaging app and delete any picuture message you previously tried to send but has failed. Navigate to Settings / Wireless controls / Mobile networks / access point names -=- METHOD 1. Find the Koodo.sp Apn and tap it to open it. Some phones will allow you to edit this APN, for those phones which will not allow you to edit the default APN (I.E the Samsung Galaxy S2x or The Galaxy Ace 2x), please skip to Method 2. Tap APN type and change it so it reads only "mms" then tap the menu key and select save APN once saved the 4g indicator should disappear. Please see: Note 1 METHOD 2 You'll be creating two APN's Add the first apn (usually by hitting the menu key and tapping ADD NEW) Note: in the example below please omit the spaces between the http: and the address This is done because some websites shorten URL's Input the following settings (leaving designated fields blank): APN NAME: Koodo (NoData) APN: spp.koodo.com Proxy server: Port: Username: Password: Server: MMSC: Proxy server: Port: MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type : default For APN Type we use "default" for this example but if it doesn't work for you go back and change it to "Internet" Save this entry (usually by hitting the menu key and selecting SAVE) Now create a Second APN using the following settings APN Name: Koodo MMS ALLOW APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http: //aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type :mms Now save this entry as you did the first. On the list of available Access Point Names you'll notice three (or more) entries. Select the "Koodo (NoDATA)" apn and make it active (you'll notice you can not choose the Koodo MMS ALLOW entry) Exit the APN menu. Reboot the phone (Shut it off and turn it back on) Turn off your WiFi Do you have data enabled? You can enable data by navigating Settings / Wireless and networking / Mobile Network Make sure 'use packet data' or enable data' is checked. If you have data blocked by Koodo you'll need to unblock it. You'll have to call customer service (1-866-99-Koodo) to have the block removed. After Data is Enabled: Open your browser and attempt to access any webpage OTHER THAN GOOGLE. You should get a message that the page cannot be displayed. If you do happen to get a web page double check your APN settings and try again. Note 1: (For Everyone to read) You'll notice the 3G or 4G data indicator has disappeared leaving only the Signal strength indicator. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY TRIED AND FAILED TO SEND PICTURES IT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES FOR THE INDICATOR TO DISAPPEAR. When you do send a picture the Data indicator will re-appear and the picture should be sent. Same when you get a picture message. Note 2: (iPhone 3Gs) Apparently the APN is not easly configurable. You may need to be Jail Broken and download an APP called "Tetherme" which will allow you to edit the APN as per Method 2 (Thanks DJMcPimpin's Sister)
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...I did all of this for my galaxy s2x. It worked fine, but when tested it by receiving a picture, my data usage told me I had just used 186 KB 😞 now I will have to pay for that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...On self serve or on the phone? Your phone will show data use for anything that uses data, however Koodo Servers know you're using the data to send a message and therefore the server won't count it against your use. To double check if it's working, open your browser and attempt to get any website other than Google (it's normally cached). You should get a message that the website is unavailable. If you do load a website there is something wrong with your settings. Double check them and try again.
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...On the phone. Ok, hopefully Koodo won't count it against my use then. Thanks for your help! If I ever want to use data for other purposes, then all I have to do is activate the original APN?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...That's correct. Try the browser trick with wifi off and you shouldn't be able to access the Web. The 4g icon will should only show when the phone is sending or receiving a pic/vid msg.
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...Yup, already did that and it worked like you said. Thanks!
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2X. I think it might be because I have a Data blo...I have an Samsung galaxy ace 2 and I have pic/vid messaging as part of my plan and cannot receive pic but can send them...this so irritating cause I pay for a service I can't get...hmmmm!!
Just wondering. I sometimes have an issue when someone tries to text me in another language (korean) it sends me a link to a site that has the picture of the text? This only happens sometimes but why does this happen? I also checked the sender's phone and they just sent it as a normal text? I'm on Galaxy S2X stock rom 4.0.4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just wondering. I sometimes have an issue when someone tries to text me in another language (k...only thing I can think of is the system isn't set up to Text you in that language so it takes a snapshot and sends you a link