Koodo Community

Community

Solved

PRICE PLEASE

I would like to get my wife & I a new phone. Z10 & a regular phone (no data) We need unlimited, Canada wide Talk & Text. I would need at least one Gb on the Blackberry. can you give me a total cost please?

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Right now there is a double-data promo, so: Unlimited Canada-wide + 1GB : $50 Unlimited Canada-wide, no data: $50 TOTAL = $100 (+ taxes) So if you get it during the promotion period, you may as well get both plans with 1GB data. After the promotion period, the Unlimited Canada-wide + 1GB plan goes to $60.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

Right now there is a double-data promo, so: Unlimited Canada-wide + 1GB : $50 Unlimited Canad...

Where did you see the $10 off for the $60 plan?
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

Right now there is a double-data promo, so: Unlimited Canada-wide + 1GB : $50 Unlimited Canad...

Ooops, my mistake, the $50 with 1GB is not unlimited Canada-wide. It is actually 500 Anytime mins. I was confusing it with a QC-only plan that is similar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

These regional plans are starting to get confusing
Userlevel 5
I recommend the q5 over the z10. its way better and way cheaper 🙂 theres allot of issues with the z10
Userlevel 2
HippieLongstocking wrote:

I recommend the q5 over the z10. its way better and way cheaper 🙂 theres allot of issues with t...

Cheaper definitely, but better? The Z10 is spec'd higher across the board, and the OS is the same regardless of which BB10 model is being used, the only thing that essentially differs is the radio file. So if, for example, the Z10 has an OS bug relating to text messaging, the Q5 will have it as well, same with the Q10....
Userlevel 5

I recommend the q5 over the z10. its way better and way cheaper 🙂 theres allot of issues with t...

i meant better as in it doesnt crap out on you like freezing, doesnt charge, turns it self on and off . things like that
Userlevel 2

Interesting. I haven't heard anything about there being numerous hardware related issues with any of the new BB10 devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Z10 costs $550. If you buy it at full price you can get 10% off your monthly plan. If you choose the Tab S, you can put up to $150 on the tab so you would pay $400 for the phone. And 15% of your bill will go toward paying off the Tab If you choose the Tab M, you can put up to $300 on the tab so you would pay $250 for the phone. And 15% of your bill will go toward paying off the Tab, but you would also need to pay $5/month to pay off the higher tab amount. The other criteria is that you would need a plan of $30 minimum If you choose the Tab L, you can put up to $500 on the tab so you would pay $50 for the phone. And 15% of your bill will go toward paying off the Tab, but you would also need to pay $10/month to pay off the higher tab amount. The other criteria is that you would need a special Tab L plan which would cost $75 for unlimited calling and 1GB A regular no-data flip phone will cost $100 which you can placed the full amount on the Tab S
Thanks to All. I have several friends with Z10 and they have not had issues. One friend changed from Android to Z10 and loves it. Also, for me, its time to move away from a keyboard. As for the fees and costs; at Rogers I can get Z10 for $49.00 and monthly @ $85.00 with unlimited Talk & Text on a two year plan. I wish there was some sort of level playing field.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jim Lewis wrote:

Thanks to All. I have several friends with Z10 and they have not had issues. One friend changed...

Does the Unlimited Talk & Text include 1GB of data? Is the unlimited talk Canada-wide (is this important to you)? Is the unlimited text including picture messaging and international texting (is this important to you)? Koodo's $60 plan includes all this. So if you chose a Tab S you would pay $400 for your phone with a $60/month plan. You would be paying $351 more for your phone WIth Koodo and Rogers the phone is considered paid off after 2 years. So to compare apples to apples: -If you took $351 / 24 Months = $14.63 extra per month for the extra you paid for your phone. -If you add that to $14.63 extra for the phone plus the $60 plan, your monthly bill would be $74.63/month -Compare that to Roger's $85/month With Koodo you would have $10.37 savings per month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So with Rogers plan of unlimited Talk & Text : $49 upfront+ ($85 x 24month) = $2089 With Koodo plan of unlimited Talk & Text on Tab M : $250 upfront + ($50 + $5tab charge x 24month) = $1570 Or same $50 but Data plan with promo give you 500min and 1GB This is just to see how much you will pay after 2 years... Hope it helps too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

So with Rogers plan of unlimited Talk & Text : $49 upfront+ ($85 x 24month) = $2089 With Koo...

It took me so long to write mine. Your explanation is so much simpler haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

So with Rogers plan of unlimited Talk & Text : $49 upfront+ ($85 x 24month) = $2089 With Koo...

Simple is the best ! (^_^)