Koodo Community

Community

Solved

PrePaid Visa Good enough to pay the bill but NOT to purchase products ?

I was able to pay my bill with my prepaid Visa. This card is registered and has a billing address, Now I am not able to purchase a prepaid sim card for a second phone I would like to have with Koodo, or pay the balance of the amount needed to get another phone for my monthly account. I live 75 miles away from a koodo location and feel that if my Visa is good enough to pay my bill it should be good enough to BUY your products. I am seriously thinking of switching companies because of this.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
I think that's because of the way the billing systems work versus online purchases. Can you purchase other things online with the prepaid Visa?
Jonathan I wrote:

I think that's because of the way the billing systems work versus online purchases. Can you purch...

yes I am able to use it to make online purchases. First time I had a problem with it
Userlevel 3
Do you get can error message?If so, what was it?Are the cookies enabled on your computer?
Userlevel 1
Another way is to have a paypal account. Link it to your debit account. Paypal will debit your account. You do not need money in PayPal if it is linked to your bank account. Then take the money from prepaid visa and deposit it in your bank account. Long Way around to get what you need however, it is probably better than dropping koodo. Koodo is great where I live. Maybe not where you are
Prepaid credit cards DO NOT have a billing address. There is no guarantee that it will work.
KaneSlavik wrote:

Prepaid credit cards DO NOT have a billing address. There is no guarantee that it will work.

Yes mine does it's registered through Canada Post and I get a paper statement monthly to show what I put on the card and where I used it
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

They do have a billing address. When you get them, you go online enter your name and address. Voila! @Ida Makes sure you have enough on the card for the purchase, prepaid cards normally hold a penny as a charge so if yiu want to buy something that $25 it will decline because that card only shown $24.99. Not enough funds. The penny is credited back later, you don't actually lose it.
KaneSlavik wrote:

No I did not go online to put my name in, it was all done at the Post Office, when purchased I was given a temporary card and then received a permanent one in the mail. Thanks Chris I have more then enough on the card for the purchase,
KaneSlavik wrote:

The fact that you actually had to register the address to receive, whatever it is that you receive for a prepaid statement proves that it is not a billing address. A billing address on a Credit Card would already be set up. Koodo's web store does not accept prepaid cards.
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

You are incorrect on that Kane. I purchased an accessory with a prepaid card. I also paid my bill with a prepaid card. Works just fine.
KaneSlavik wrote:

Then explain why not every single prepaid credit card works on Koodo's website.
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

It says it right in their FAQs. 🙂 Of the gazxllion cards they don not accept the 2 that are stated clearly there. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/Buying-Online-new/what-types-of-credit-cards-do-you-accept