Koodo Community

Community

Solved

PREPAID refused

Userlevel 1
I was denied from a rep in Peterborough Store I want to know should I try again on prepaid I was told by CTRC U cant deny prepaid. Thanks  if the store denies it again for me to call CCTS and file a complaint I already did no come back from a rep. 

15 replies

Badge +4
They cannot deny prepaid and it's kind of foolish for them to do so as you are still generating revenue for Koodo. As I said in the other post, go to a Best Buy, Walmart or a different Koodo location altogether and get yourself a prepaid phone.
Userlevel 1
yes I saw last comment and replied will do thanks again. 
Userlevel 6
How did they deny you service? Like refused to sell you the prepaid SIM?
Userlevel 1
they said sorry you tried to many times for service were not serving you. I said excuse me there no credit checks on prepaid so they said well our manager has said not to serve you. so I said what ever and took off then security came asked me what was going on I told him. Yes basicly  sim card and the air time. 
Userlevel 1
as Rikkster said go to Best buy I should be fine or Walmart. So I will give it a shot. 
Userlevel 7
Sounds like you might have caused a disturbance on one of your previous visits, which if it is in fact the case, they can deny serving you just like what they did. You can try a different Koodo kiosk, but only Koodo shops sell prepaid sims. 
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Sounds like you might have caused a disturbance on one of your previous visits, which if it is in...

Just got off the phone with Bestbuy mobile reps in Hamilton, Oakville and Milton. Some prepaid TELUS and Koodo phones include prepaid SIM cards, (e.g. Moto E, Alcatel One Touch Pixi and Galaxy Grand Prime). This may vary by store location, so best to call ahead.
Userlevel 1
Mathieu wrote:

Sounds like you might have caused a disturbance on one of your previous visits, which if it is in...

thanks I called the Peterborough one as well. but they dont sell the prepaid sim cards by them self like the Peterborough Koodo store does. 
Userlevel 1
Mathieu I prob assume they can read my stuff from there work as well. or on home PC. and U wrong on comment all I did was 3 times tried Monthly contract and no contract shows my old bill was paid for the no contract the Activations refused it said go prepaid so I asked for it then the rep said sorry I was told by manager dont give to him he does not get it that his credit is wrecked. I was told by a rep every time a CC is done it hurts it. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RODNEY2016 wrote:

Mathieu I prob assume they can read my stuff from there work as well. or on home PC. and U wrong ...

It's correct that every time a credit check is done, it takes a small toll on the credit rating. However, I still fail to see what any of that has to do with a prepaid account, which requires no credit history whatsoever.
Userlevel 1
RODNEY2016 wrote:

Mathieu I prob assume they can read my stuff from there work as well. or on home PC. and U wrong ...

Yes I agree. 
Userlevel 6
RODNEY2016 wrote:

I believe if you are denied post paid service up to 5 times, it will no longer allow you to do another one. I recommend contacting Equifax before attempting another postpaid activation and see if you have anything in collections. Credit takes a while to build up, some people may have to wait up to a year for them to be eligible again for wireless services. 
Badge +4
RODNEY2016 wrote:

Rodney should contact the credit bureaus, Equifax and TransUnion. If, as Rodney claims, the old bill was paid in full, then he should begin the steps to purge this record. TransUnion https://www.transunion.ca/ca/personal/consumersupport/contactus_en.page Equifax http://www.equifax.com/cs7/Satellite/?pagename=EFX/Wrapper&simpleurl=credit-product-list-ca/contact_us&locale=en_ca&DATI=ACoBADFhMloAAL5dO47jRHRhXBc6nLlrxI14d9LkoKfb0RwGkbhPaAL4AWosPAFnja469j4H%0AyDn9mVXaoSe1R9UPCuL6%2BqS1MlrSrbJv%2FSmXAzSOyvFBfJUHUE4JSVC0uAqIBp6tIMlQ2Elj%0AUXYVPyRD7HVRLOvEJzlTHxSrfRBAlRsWT52Mto1ZqcHIwa1wthCBXMUlgXYSvecWbSpWvoiT%0AJCIGOvQMV8U8uto3O2ZzAwqiUZUOv7sN6b4AQOJMVMXnP1JPNHqtup%2FETmVs9OQ6gwRbxwAr%0ASw5t3wjXYQIid6wUq9qSQhKTrNPqbx7wDWpMTLlzkt4XF7fYDebVYMhmNa7k2bUHh%2FQHMv0u%0AQ0WzM3dyYRIoptuPuueTPqn9bT%2BqJKBtXZslE6bLuR2LSNVbbgtwlSaESHLsBTBF0KuOH7Lz%0AEJ%2FxTWzK4Aew90AlM8OT9QDODtfpQ8oK%2Fd%2F6h%2BcvQltM9z7%2Bg68ce0zbwWlNHMqWM%2BfNXt54%0AriAXwcdP3gmsCxzMzsZGXDgTILJjdZfHges%3D
Userlevel 1
RODNEY2016 wrote:

I called Transunion and E fax they keep for 6-7 yrs on records. I got approved for MDG direct but they want to use my disability bank were my weekly allowance goes I said no I set up another bank account sep from disability. so they refused. After that. I deal with PCF and CIBC and a Credit union for my disability bank the CIBC and PCF is only for business and personal use.
Badge +4
RODNEY2016 wrote:

That is correct for accounts that remain delinquent or not paid off. In your case, you've paid the bill in full and the record can be removed. It won't happen overnight and may take a couple of months before the record is removed. If you deal with a trustee, they may be able to assist you with this.