Koodo Community

Community

Prepaid auto top up

Userlevel 3
In December I received a new visa credit card with a new expiry date and new 3 digit code on the back. In self-serve I amended my account to the up-dated info. Today it says that my account was renewed until February. However the normal text from koodo was not received saying that my plan was renewed and credited with the 10%. Therefore I assume that in fact the transaction did not go through and the old visa was used. I do not and will not sign up for Facebook and I do not use twitter. The private email does not contain the appropriate choices to complete the email. And I sure don't want to wait on hold.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What does your self service say, Fred? That would usually mention if your plan was renewed or not. Can you use your plan (send text etc) like normally?
Userlevel 3
Hi Sophia, yes it does show that it renewed, but the 10 % did not increase. Also my bank account doesn't the charge. And I can send texts etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

Hi Sophia, yes it does show that it renewed, but the 10 % did not increase. Also my bank account ...

Oh... did you still have credit enough to renew? Just to be a nuisance 🙂 What does your transaction history indicate?
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

Hi Sophia, yes it does show that it renewed, but the 10 % did not increase. Also my bank account ...

I thought about that as well but my accumulated balance is still the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

If you have sufficient balance, the plan will always use those funds to renew... but you should still get the 15% that's for sure. 

Looking at my own, it seems I haven't received my 10% either. I'll ask Koodo what's up, perhaps they had a glitch this month or so.

Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

The $1.50 not 15 % right ? That's what I was going by as well. What triggered my checking my account was not getting the customary text saying your plan has been extended for another 30 days etc. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

I have asked Koodo to shed some light on the matter... will get back to you Fred 🙂
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

Thanks Sophia
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

Hi Sophia, I did take a chance and called Koodo this morning. I opted for the call back. It said in14-20 minutes an agent would call back. It worked as it should and I received a call from Maria and she confirmed for me that the changes I made to my credit card info in self-serve did go through properly. Not receiving the normal text from Koodo about the payment was a glitch and that the $ 1.50 credit not showing was also a glitch (which Maria corrected) and of course my Bank not posting the charge yet was not a Koodo problem. It was that combination of events that made me think I didn't do the self-serve thing properly. Thanks Sophia for your help and of course Maria.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

Oh great! The question is still outstanding with Koodo though - at least a few customers (me included) did not receive the 10% bonus this round. Will keep you posted, in the meantime, I'm happy it got solved for you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

Took me a while to reply to you, but here goes: there was indeed a glitch where some customers did not receive their auto top up bonus (including me). Had something to do with a script not running properly... don't ask me details, lol! Anyway it's all sorted, and this week all bonus errors have been rectified by Koodo. Thought you'd like to know!