Koodo Community

Community

Prepaid Account: How to increase automatic top up.

I have a $15 plan with a $5 add-on, but my automatic top up is still for $15. Is there any way I can change that amount to $20 (plus tax)? I think I have searched all the self-serve menus and read numerous posts but did not find the answer.

I also have the issue with a suspended/expired account but I will solve one issue at a time.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From my understanding the boosters can only be added manually as you need it. Which are you doing for 5? You'd be best off doing the maximum sized booster as it's cheapest per MB or minute and you can add one a lot less often.
Thanks Goran. I have the correct booster. That’s not the issue. The issue is that my automatic top-up is $15 and my base plan plus booster is $20, which is likely (has already) caused problems.

To repeat: How do I change automatic top up from $15 to $20 on self serve?
Thanks again Goran. I have the US texting booster (which I thought expired, so thanks for that!). I am in the UK and just want to be able to receive texts to my Canadian number. I probably won't send more than 10--15 all year as I will be using my UK number/cell for the most part..

I thought the problem with my account being suspended had been caused by that but I guess not. Will try another thread to sort out why phone is dead as a doornail here in UK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com/Overview/billing/one-time-topup/

If your account is not active, then you may have an issue with self-serve.

In any event, no matter how much $$$ you toss into your account, your Koodo phone will still be dead as a doornail outside Canada and the US. There is [i]NO international roaming on prepaid, even for texts AFAIK.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

[url=https://prepaidselfserve.koodomob...

I was in too big a hurry to get to UK. There is indeed no international roaming with prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the only use you have for your Cdn number is to receive text messages, then take a look at SMS text forwarding alternatives

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.yas.freeSmsForwarder&hl=en

You would have to leave your Koodo SIM in a phone that is physically in Canada and powered on atl al times.

Userlevel 7
Or even cheaper would be to port your Canadian number to Voip.ms then you can have your SMS forward to you via email and you can respond there too. You can also have your SMS sent to you in the UK but that may cost more.

When you're back in Canada, you just have to reactivate your prepaid services with a new SIM and then you can again use voip.ms to forward your calls and texts to your new number.

This way you never have to give out a new number or risk loosing your old number.

It's also significantly less expensive then your monthly top up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Or even cheaper would be to port your Canadian number to Voip.ms then you can have your SMS forwa...

Just a caution - not all exchanges at Voip.ms allow SMS forwarding, unfortunately.  So porting a number to some exchanges won't net you a number which supports forwarding. The OP may need to acquire a new number. However, once done, the possibilities with VoIP are Huuuuuge!

Chad Burr wrote:

Or even cheaper would be to port your Canadian number to Voip.ms then you can have your SMS forwa...

Thanks to everyone. Need to do some more research before my return to Canada.