Koodo Community

Community

Power to the People!!

In short, a battery swap or for those with fixed batteries, a charge Valet at koodo kiosks.

So, what's worse than being at a mall with a dead phone, you could charge your phone for a bit while sitting at a starbucks for an hour while it takes in enough juice to send out a few more. Why not just pop by a Koodo Kiosk and switch for a full battery just waiting for you. You have an iPhone(or other fixed battery phone) leave it at the kiosk, they hand you a phone valet pass, your phone charges securely while you shop or eat.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Sounds like a great way to replace my old worn out battery with a brand new fully charged one.
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Sounds like a great way to replace my old worn out battery with a brand new fully charged one.

Yeah, would expect people to try take advantage, but then again they wouldn't necessarily use a brand new battery, plenty of recycled phones that have plenty good batteries. If they were to use brand new batteries to start this kind of thing they would have to charge a nominal fee to cover the costs, recycled batteries are cheap like borscht.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

While I can't see them ever instituting a battery swap program like this, I do see potential in having a station where you can charge your phone.
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Well, it might only be practical to hold 2-3 of the most popular battery sizes, I think the other half of my idea of a charge station or what I call a charge Valet(so you can just leave it without worrying someone is going to swipe it) or a charge lockbox.
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

I see charge stations like this close to the Koodo Kiosk in Yorkdale
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Cool, no point overlapping, but at some malls this concept would be the only one.
Userlevel 1
I think Koodo is awesome!!! I've been with them for a year best company ever