Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Positive Tab balance contribution without notification

I have paid of my tab, however Koodo continue to take money every month for position Tab contribution, which is what I dont want. How can I request to stop taking monthly contribution?

There is no self serve option online and I feel like I shouldnt have to pay when I call to request to stop taking this fee that I never agreed to.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you want something else instead that you are not getting? If not then positive tab is not actually money taken from you. Koodo just calculates 10-15% of your bill and just gives you a free tab credit every month just for being a loyal customer to help fund your future phone
Dennis wrote:

Did you want something else instead that you are not getting? If not then positive tab is not ...

This is very confusing since my monthly bill includes an amount to pay for the phone and another amount that covers the cost of using my phone.  I want to stop paying the charge for my phone since it is paid off and credit my account with the amount that I have over paid.  A rep suggested that 10% - 15% could be deducted from my tab monthly until the balance was "0".  Please adjust my account accordingly!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Did you want something else instead that you are not getting? If not then positive tab is not ...

What Tab plan do you have and how much is your Tab charge/mo?
When did you start(purchase/upgrade) your phone?
Please start a new post using this link included answering those questions.
 https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you are on the new tab, the price of the plan and the tab payment are 2 separate things.  When the tab owing is paid off, then it becomes $0 and you no longer pay the tab charge.

If you are on one of the old grandfathered tabs, then the the price plan includes your tab contribution built into it (10% of your plan is used to deduct from your tab owing).  Once you paid off your tab, you gain positive tab for FREE.  If you do not want positive tab, you still pay the same for your plan.  If you do not like this free credit for a phone, you can switch to the new tab, and then you will get zero and you can still keep your same plan at the same price.  Or you can switch to one of the new plans (chances are the new plans cost more money).
Dennis wrote:

My two year old tab was being reduced by 15% of my bill, and it just reached $0.  Koodo's system automatically changed my tab to No Tab, so now I'm not getting a positive tab as I expected.  The rep I talked to was unable to revert me to my grandfathered tab.
Userlevel 3
You mean you don't want them to give you any more money? A positive tab means you will get your next phone that much cheaper.
I have the same problem on my Android phone. I've paid off my tab, I'm on a $39 plan but I'm charged $44 plus tax. (And why do I have to sign up to a third party website when I already have a koodo account?!?!)  Please correct my bill so I can pay
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I have the same problem on my Android phone. I've paid off my tab, I'm on a $39 plan but I'm char...

Does it explain where the extra 5 a month comes from in your bill? If you've paid off your tab but you're still being charged you'll have to call 611 to dispute it. Which third party website are you referring to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

I have the same problem on my Android phone. I've paid off my tab, I'm on a $39 plan but I'm char...

Also, check your tab balance through self serve.
You can check it on your Ebill (PDF file) under the " Summary of Koodo Tab" on page 3 too.
What is your "Closing Tab Balance" and "Your Contribution (Tab Charge)" says?
David wrote:

@Goran the $5 charge is listed as "Tab Charge". I have never seen 611 listed as an option to call, will try Thanks
Third Party is this website, I needed to sign up for a new account at "GetSatisfaction" before I could post comments for "Koodo" support 😕
David wrote:

@Mayumi
my Self Serve Tab Balance is $5.85.
my Paper Bill lists no "Your Contribution", just the $5 Tab Charge elsewhere, and the Opening Tab Balance of 0.00 .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Hmmm, it's odds...
They should stop tab  charge  once it hit $0.
It's showing you have a positive tab and your bill says "the Opening Tab Balance of 0.00" ...

I would call Koodo as Goran said. *611 from your Koodo phone, option 5 for customer sport > then press 0
They will help you :) 
Userlevel 6
David wrote:

Hey  David! Just to confirm, our community is powered by GetSatisfaction which is why you require a different account to log in. All the best! 
Userlevel 4
David wrote:

Hi David! Did you get the Tab charge issue resolved yet? If not, you can contact us on our Facebook or Twitter pages so that we can sort this out for you 🙂
David wrote:

So after I spent an hour online and then 20 minutes on the phone last month to fix this you're charging me another $5 this month?
Get your act together guys and fix this 😕
Userlevel 6
David wrote:

Hey there David! We sent out a ticket to our tech support team and made the proper adjustment on your account.  This should be fixed by next month. Thanks for your patience!
David wrote:

I am also having this problem! I called two months ago and asked if my contribution to the tab would be cancelled and was told it would.  Both of my previous bills have had this extra charge on it.  I also miss the days when I could call and ask a real human being about this.  I'm rather disappointed because I have been with Koodo for years, and it is really going downhill. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Are you sure it's extra? Usually if it's not the exact amount I shows a full charge and then I credit of the difference. What exactly does it say on page 3 of your bill with regards to the tab? If it's still extra then I'd suggest sending a private message to Koodo's Facebook page to ge it sorted out. If you absolutely must speak with someone via th phone then you still can; the option was a removed.
David wrote:

Hi Goran,
I'm fairly certain it's extra. It says under monthly charges my plan for $39 then Tab charge $5.  What if I don't have facebook? Several people I know have gotten rid of it as a communication tool.  I have emailed Koodo after seeing that none of their employees monitor this board that often, or am I mistaken in thinking that?  I will wait and see if I get a reply before going on facebook, more likely I will go into a store tomorrow. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Can you show us exactly what page 3 has to say about anything related to your tab? Well th general trend remains for growing adoption rate fo Facebook and Twitter, and the ability to send private messages allows sensitive account info to be shared. There is email a you said. On here employees can be active depending on if their expertise is needed to step in. But there's also som limitations a to wha can be done L, but it could be that's it's been expanded recently. I hop that you get a reply soon though. Especially if it is in fact an extra charge.
David wrote:

What is the max (unpaid tab) one can have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

250 for small, 360 for medium, 504 for large, but it also requires plans that are more expensive unless you're in QC, MB, or SK.
David wrote:

So it doubled from what it used to be?
David wrote:

If I am wrong I would like to know. I have been with Koodo about 5 years. I thought when I started my tab balance was $125 and did not generally Xcode that, was n it changed to $150. $250 is a lot more. Makes it a lot harder for someone to upgrade technically. If my tab was $150 after I last upgraded I would have $100 less (it's at $190 currently) I'd owe. If my max towards a new phone was $150-$200 I'd be screwed sort of would t I? Yes once Koodo helped me when I had an accident with my first Koodo husband me which at the time I really appreciated, but I believe Koodo only knocked $50 off what I owed at the time. Good then, it wouldn't be as helpful not w.
David wrote:

Now not. Or w