Koodo Community

Community

Solved

picture messaging while maintaining a data block

I have a pair of BB 9320... One is on Koodo and the other is on Telus... They both have a data block... With the Telus phone I was able to call in and have a code or something added to the account that would allow picture messaging while still retaining the data block.... I would like to do the same for the Koodo phone... Yet they say they know of no such code for Koodo....

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately Koodo doesn't offer such a thing. The work around is manually editing your APN settings to use the MMS only settings and remove the data APN. Not sure if you can edit APN on the 9320 though.
dont believe its possible sorry, there are some cheap affordable data plans out their if the picture messaging is that important to you.
Userlevel 7
PZABOY wrote:

dont believe its possible sorry, there are some cheap affordable data plans out their if the pict...

Did you not read what I just said? It is possible
PZABOY wrote:

dont believe its possible sorry, there are some cheap affordable data plans out their if the pict...

You need to learn to provide proper help, oh i never got to say thanks for wasting my time on telling me that i could manually change my APN settings on my iphone 4S as well you never answered questions made towards your post plus no body disrespected you for giving completely wrong advice. My post was not wrong, alls i said is i dont believe it could be done, and suggested a data plan if its important to him.
Userlevel 7
PZABOY wrote:

Being on here as long as you have, you should know it's possible. Just because you couldn't do it properly, doesn't mean it doesn't. It's confirmed to work. Your post only confuses the customer. If you don't know a positive answer, you shouldn't post something that may confuse the customer. I don't subscribe to email notifications. I don't have time to be bothered with that. There are plenty of times I don't come back to a thread because I just forget. This isn't my job and I'm not going to apologize for forgetting to come back to a thread. I just went back to the thread now and you're supposed to put the MMS settings in the "APN settings". I don't appreciate being attacked like that and next time I will report it.