Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone Won't Connect to 4G LTE Network

After updating the software on my z10 it won't connect to the 4G network, only one called "h voice only" so nothing that uses data works when I leave my wifi area. How do I reconnect to the Koodo network?

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Does your screen look like mine? (minus Tmobile)

Make sure DATA is on, if i understood you are able to make calls right?
Data is on. Instead of T-Mobile it says Koodo h - Voice only
Userlevel 7
Shut it down Remove battery and sim Wait 1 full minute Replace all.
Userlevel 3
If the data is on try unplugging the battery and sim while the phone is on. Plug back in after 15 seconds power back up the phone and try again. It it still doesn't work you may want to contact tech support for further assistance.
Try removing Batt and SIM and if it doesn't work something might have gone bad during the update, so try to reload the software this link might help ► http://crackberry.com/how-reload-os-blackberry-z10-or-blackberry-q10
Neither worked.
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

You might need to set up a new APN adress Go to settings► wireless and network ►mobile network ►APN Tap New APN and enter the following information: Name: KOODO APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: leave blank Password: leave blank Server: leave blank MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC: 220 Authentication type: None APN type: leave blank Tap Menu. Tap Save. Ensure the new APN is selected by following step 1.
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

It won't allow me to alter any text fields in the APN settings. It just has the APN as "sp.telus.com" which might be the problem since I am with Koodo (even though that is technically telus) After the software update there is now a telus app that I never had before. Maybe the phone is confused between Koodo/Telus?
Userlevel 7
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Did u have the Koodo sim in when u dud update? You may need a new sim Apn info can't be changed unless the phone is unlocked.
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Yeah the sim was in for the update.
Userlevel 7
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Contact Tech support (it's free). Something is wrong.
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Koodo tech or Blackberry? (I'm an idiot).
Userlevel 7
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Koodo first. Have a feeling you need a new sim
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Nop a new SIM won't do you any good
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

give me a few secs,
Userlevel 7
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Waiting....
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Try performing a master reset
Userlevel 7
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

Before you do that use the link software to backup your apps only using the selective backup settings. That way you don't have to re-download all that stuff. You can back up the settings too but don't restore them unless Jonathan's suggestion doesn't work.
Steve Gignac wrote:

Neither worked.

I backed up and then did a factory reset. The APN is now sp.koodo.com and i'm on the 4G network. So something went wrong during the update and the APN settings get messed up.
Userlevel 7
Toggle your wifi